Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saturdays Layouts

Well here they are!!! I was VERY productive yesterday. And I hope to get a bunch more done today. So I need to make this blog short and get to work!


This is a photo of Alex and my Baba (A baba is a little Ukrainian Grandma) I don't have many pictures of her , so everyone I have is special. I had been saving her hanky for years now, hoping I could find a good use for it. And last night when I was scrapping I finally found one. I love how this turned out. Baba loved flowers and so it's a very flowery page.

This next one is of My Avery when he was a little sprout . . . Its just some fun pictures. I love his cute little face. I don't remember where we were or what we were doing. For this I did something I had never done before. I sewed on the layout! I think as "Scrapbooking artists" we need to stretch our selves and do things that we normally wouldn't do. Push ourselves to be out of our comfort zone. I did it! What are you going to do to push yourself?

Avery again, at this Preschool Christmas concert. He was a goofy little boy. He was excited to go and then I think he got stage fright, and didn't sing, then he decided that no one around him could sing, and stuck his fingers in his ears and was that was through the rest of the show. What a goofy kid!

I don't know what it is about my kids, for some reason they all like to color themselves. I don't know if it's their version of "Artistic Talent" or what. So I stand them up, take their picture and then toss them in the bath . . . I also don't know why Alex colored in his NOSE! Strange kid!
I made 4 of the next layout . . . Easter is Easter no matter what year in my house . . . So they all kind of look the same but they go in different books, so it's all good.


I also made 3 of the following one, It was Avery's first Christmas. And I dressed my boys in their BRONCO clothes and took their picture. They are so cute!


NAP TIME!!! I loved nap time when the boys were little, and I especially loved it once we got a puppy and the baby AND the puppy would both sleep.


This is a layout, for all intense and purposes is very simple. But I used special velvet paper on it. I love the way it turned out.

Psychedellic Easter- I truly was NOT doing drugs or channeling the writer of "Alice in Wonderland" but that is kind of how this next layout looks to me. Like something out of "Alice in Wonderland" The papers are from ACBailey. http://www.acbaileydesigns.net/?Click=225
And then I added all kinds of embellishments and made more of a hill so I could put my bunny I made on it. And also Alex and the big bunny holding him. When my mom took the photo she cut off the bunny's ears, so I had to make new ears for the bunny . . . Couldn't have an earless bunny!
This next layout makes me giggle! I didn't remember having these pictures! And so when I stumbled across them I got all excited. There was a challenge in the Cyber crop to do something with Brown, Pink and Orange . . . well I have SONS and don't get to scrap Pink Very much, but then I found these pictures and thought to myself. HOW FUN!!!
My son and his Boot leg bottle!

Flying High! The green and white paper is another ACBailey paper. http://www.acbaileydesigns.net/?Click=225 This is my oldest son Alex and his dad, we were at some park for the day I don't remember much about it. This was the month before I had Middle son, so I'm sure all I did was lay on a blanket and take pictures!


This is Black mail for my oldest son! He HATES to read now, but this is proof that when he was little he loved books and to read and hated to be disturbed.
These papers are also from ACBailey. http://www.acbaileydesigns.net/?Click=225

This is oldest son again . . . I think he was channeling his grandpas mood. (Grandpa was grumpy with his brother) and this pictures makes Alex look so serious!

Brotherly love~ Doesn't happen very often!

This next one is a VERY simple layout, but probably one of my most favorites that I did last night! I think the picture says it all. I didn't need to make the page fussy, because I didn't want to take away from the wonderful face staring up at me! The orange stripy paper is from ACBailey also. http://www.acbaileydesigns.net/?Click=225

A pocket of happiness! This photo is of Me and my youngest son Avery. A friend took this at her mom and dads house when we went over to visit. The colors of the photo were a bit odd for me, so I had to work hard to figure out what to do with it. Then it came to me . . . I think it worked out really well!


Love that face! Again, this is my youngest son . . . he was so cute! I love it when little ones eat cookies and make a mess on their face!


Well that's it for me for now . . . I hope to get oodles and gobs more done today!


1 comment:

  1. I love that bunny tail. They are all so cute.

    Cheri,
    Here's how you upload to SBA.
    Get an account with photobucket.com it's free. Upload your layouts in there. After you get them uploaded, copy the IMG url from photobucket and put it in SBA. I had a hard time too until I learned you need a hosting site to do it. If you need more help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete