Monday, May 4, 2009

Frustrated and unkind

I don't typically give in to being unkind, but I'm super frustrated and "had it up to here" with my employee!

At Valentines (My busiest holiday of the year) she called in "Sick" mind you I had pneumonia but she was "too sick" to come in for one day . . . and so I "gave her the rest of the week off" and now it's mothers day . . .and she just called me tonight to tell me that her husband has to have surgery on Wednesday . . . (WTF) Ok every time I have had NON emergancy surgery (and I've had several ~ 5 surgeries on my left arm, 2 surgeries on my right arm and 3 surgeries on my girlie parts) they have always asked when it would be convienent . . . well her husband has to have "non emergancy" surgery, and they scheduled it for the WEEK of MOTHERS DAY!?!?!?! This lady has been a florist for 25 years, so I believe both she and her husband would know that she should be at work this week.

I know she wants me to fire her . . .she even said so to my dad, "If you just fire me I will be able to collect unemployment" (WTF!!!) I can NOT contribute to someone who just wants to milk the system . . . it's not part of who I am . . .

so I don't understand this . . .is she just trying to MAKE Me fire her??? or is she just nasty and wants to see if she can screw me over at holiday time?

Happily my best friend, from forever, is going to come in to the store tomorrow and answer phones and write orders and help customers . . . Thank God for people you can depend on!!!

I'm so fed up that I can't see straight! Why do I keep putting up with this kind of thing!?!?!?

3 comments:

  1. Hope things start looking up for you at work.

    I've been thinking about my AC Bailey order and was wondering, should I be standing out by my mailbox? LOL. I'm can't wait to get it. I have an all day crop coming up next Saturday, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering, Isn't it up to her to prove why she should get unemployment? I thought when you put in a claim you have to fill out a form, then they ask the employer why she was fired. If it was for something she could have avoided, I thought she wouldn't get it. Maybe call the employment office to find out. Then, if she can't get it, Fire her A$$!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I think you should get your scrap stuff today or tomorrow. . . Kathy, another of my customers got hers today. :) So maybe you should be standing beside your mailbox! Let me know what you think when you get your stuff! I'm sure you will love it!!! It's awesome stuff!

    You are so sweet, that's for thinking about me and my ugh employee! :)

    ReplyDelete