Saturday, May 2, 2009

A layout I did for NSD!

I'm hoping to get a lot of scrapbooking done today, and tomorrow, but so far just 3 pages. Would like to do at least 10!

But here is one I'm super proud of! My little pocket angel page for my Aunty's book!

Here is the layout,

This is what the journaling says~ Journaling reads~

April 2009
Irene was walking to the store and passed by this house that had a fence all around it and a BIG BLACK DOG in the yard. The dog started barking at her and trying to get out of the yard. It finally manged to get out under the fence.

It caught up with Irene and bit her on the leg! IT HURT!

She said "Oh God, please help me!" and suddenly the dog let go of her leg and sniffed the air as thought it couldn't see her or smell her any more.

Irene backed away from the dog. All the while the dog kept sniffing the air and standing in the middle of the sidewalk as thought wondering where his latest victim went. When she made it to the corner she took off running and made it home safely.

It turns out there was not a scratch on her leg from where the dog bit her,

Miracle??? I think so.
Guardian angel? Probably!
And if anyone deserves that- it is Irene.

Here is the up close of the "pocket angel"

I think she turned out really well! I got a few ideas from people, but then ultimately I had to design her myself . . . (Thank you all who sent me instructions)

I cut the pockets out of an old pair of Jeans a long time ago, and they have been sitting in my scraproom since . . . waiting for the perfect layout! This was the perfect layout! So then last night when I was doing laundry, I found a pair of my sons jeans with holes in them and cut the pockets out the them! (I hope I don't go pocket crazy!)

2 comments:

  1. Cheri, This is a really neat layout and I officially became your new customer. I placed a order today and put your name in as my consultant. Thanks and can't wait to try out their stuff. Barb-n-PA (SBA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb!!! You rock! I'm so excited that you are one of my first customers!!! You will get one of my goodie bags!!! I worked on those yesterday . . . as soon as I figure out with the company how to get your information, I will get it in the mail to you. (I know I could ask you for it, but I have to figure out how to do it on the Compay website any way . . . )

    ReplyDelete