Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A day in the mountains

We went up to Mount Evans, Echo Lake and Idaho Springs yesterday! Jessie had never seen the mountains before. So for me it was a no brainer on where to take her, to one of my favorite places on the planet. It was pretty cool, when we got there some one had tossed Red tulips into the water an they were just floating around. Love these pictures. (If you click on the photo, you can actually see it large, and then you can really see the tulips floating)





Even though it's the end of May . . . it was REALLY cold up in the mountains yesterday (It was even snowing a little) the clouds were hanging low over the tops of the mountains . . . But it looks so beautiful!


Alex is so funny, he liked to ride in the car with his head out the window like a dog . . . My boy is pretty strange! My dad would say "he looks like Ruffles in the wind." Just like he used to tell Jaqui when we would ride in the back of the truck when we were growing up.
Here we are all standing beside Echo Lake . . . it was so beautiful!


What adventure would be complete without a self portrait of me and Tim! We are so cute!!!

Alex, as always didn't want his picture taken . . . but I manged to get this one, and I love it! It's so typical of him!


I think Jessie had a lot of fun toodling around up at Echo lake, I wish it had been a little bit warmer so I could have taken her to my "Favorite Rock" so we could have sat on it. (Yes, I really do have a favorite rock)

After Echo Lake we went and toodled around in Idaho Springs. It was pretty fun.

Jessie loved this sign . . . It's MINERS . . . not MINORS! I thought it was funny! So she and Alex had their picture taken under the sign . . . he kept telling us. "I'm not a minor any more." (He turned 21 in January)

Jessie looking down the mine shaft inside the world famous Beau Jo's . . .

This was pretty funny. Alex asked the waitress what kind of beer they had, and so he got this "sampler" of beers, he said, "Its like I'm having a Tea Party of Beer!" I am still giggling about that!


Next we went to Heritage Square . . . I wanted Alex and Jessie to be able to Ride the Alpine Slide . . . but since it was rainy and cold they had closed it . . . so we had old fashioned pictures taken (I will post those later) and then went to Red Rocks.


this was the only picture I took at Heritage Square other than the old fashioned ones . . . I think it's pretty cute!
So we toodle over to Red Rocks . . . and the kids climb around on the rocks . . . (I guess I should have taken a picture of the sign that said "Don't climb on rocks you can go to jail for 180 days and have a $1000 fine"
I thought this one was cute! Jessie can hardly see over the top of the rock!

I love the expression on her face, kind of like, "Wow! Look at this!"

This picture is funny to me, because she has her hand out like she is going to keep him from falling! she is only as big as a minute, so he would have crushed her if he fell!


They climbed up and had their picture taken, and then when they were getting down, Jessie tripped and ran into the truck. We heard this loud crash/thud, and went running! But she was all right!

We had a wonderful day! I am so excited for her to be here and for me to get to know her. We are actually going to get to scrapbook together . . . and I can't wait for that!! Too much fun! I knew I always wanted daughters . . . they are tons of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Loved looking at all your pic's Cheri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool day you had!! Living in North Idaho I know the mountains are soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete