Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The "HAPPY" part of depression

Ok . . . so that title sounds like an oximoron! :) and maybe it is. Or maybe "I" am! :)

I am suffering with depression right now . . . too much life stuff going on that I have no control over, and it all hurts my heart. (A brief rundown of life~ Tim had to go to New Mexico to work, he isn't here with me every day, every night and I miss him. Tony is SERIOUSLY thinking he is going into the Marines in September. Alex is wanting to go to Ohio to Welding school (I won't even go into how much him welding again scares me) and Avery, what can I say about Avery, I love him dearly, he is my heart, but our personalities clash like no other person on the planet.

So I have all of this "life stuff" happening and I find myself crying a lot. I'm typically an "Emotional" person but this is different, there aren't the ups and downs of life, there just seems to be low, and lower. Some days words are too hard to utter . . . like every word from my mouth takes every effort I have, and so its easier to sit in silence than to drag the words from my mouth. (Which is an odd thing for a blabber mouth like me)

But . . . (here is the exciting part) I am SOOOOOOOO creative right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm typically a creative type person, but right now I'm the WONDER WOMAN of creativity. (Don't worry Tim, I have NOT glittered the walls or furniture . . . . yet!) ;)

For instance yesterday . . . I created this blog, made greeting cards, created scrapbooking embellishments, made some mail boxes (more on that later, I'm going to post the "distructions") :) and sewed myself some pants! CREATIVE!!! :)

My friend Gennae, says to me as she's giggling (We have known each other for 20 years) "You don't sew." (She says that because, I usually don't, and if I do, I make a pillow or something like that, straight lines, no "distructions" to get in the way of my "Creative ability".) I said "Today I do!" The pants actually turned out really cool! I think I will make more . . . a pair in every color . . . one to match my each and every mood!

I like the creative side of the "blue" mood, it's at least productive. (Quiet, but productive) :)

4 comments:

  1. you havent Glittered anything yet??? Dang you are slacking off...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe tomorrow I will "Glitter" something! Tim will love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. I don't like sewing either. I did buy one of those small table top sewing machines for scrapbooking. My DH says, you can sew on paper but won't sew clothes? I said, yep. LOL

    I'm Barb-n-PA on SBA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb! Thanks for popping by!

    I hate "Distructions" it's too much like someone telling me what to do, and I HATE to be told what to do! That's why I don't sew most of the time!

    I popped over to your blog but couldn't find where I would be a regular on it . . . I will look later and see if I can find it.

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete