Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thoughts . . .

You all know how much I love my extras . . . for me they rank right up there with my bio kids . . . they have touched my heart in so many ways. So, so many way . . .

Alex has a friend named Justin.
(Sorry it's sideways) The boys were all "dancing". Too funny . . . I hope they really don't dance this way!

Alex and Justin played football together all through high school. He camped out in my living room with Alex and Eddie and they played "nintendo" (I call all the game systems nintendo) all night every weekend for years. Justin and I would get in to political debates, he is republican and I am a democrat. Justin would eat me out of house and home!!! Boy that boy can eat!!

Even before he graduated high school, he enlisted in the Marines. Even though I didn't want him to go, I have to admit that he is one that I thought would do VERY well in the marines. And he has. He moved up to platoon leader in a very short amount of time, and really worked hard.

He was in Afghanistan, and in the turret of a car/tank (I don't know) he is a machine gunner and his driver did something dumb and Justin got thrown from the turret. And he shattered L11 and 12, and busted his back. They did surgery in Afghanistan, and then again in Germany, now he is home, for recovery and physical therapy. I got to see him for the first time last night. I was afraid to hug him . . . He looks so fragile! He has a 5 in rod in his back and 23 bolts. He showed me his scars. Breaks my heart. He is walking with a cane. and is kind of "twisted" (like he needs a front end alignment or something)

I have a picture of Thomas on my fireplace mantle
and Justin smiled and said, "Hey how is Thomas?" Alex and I looked at each other and Justin says, "Oh no. You don't have to say anything I know." Good golly . . . we all still hurt for Thomas, and Justin was in a place were there was no way to tell him, and since he has been home, Alex was more concerned with Justin's recovery than anything else. So he hadn't told him.

Its amazing to see ~ Here is Justin broken, 22 years old and walking with a cane. A young man who has served our country hurting for Thomas . . . I know some extraordinary people!! I am so BLESSED!

He is on an extended leave right now, to see how much he recovers . . . and then there is the potential of him getting out of the military on a full disability. If you have it in your heart , can you add Justin to your thoughts and prayer! He could use them.

Now on to other things~
Destiny . . .
I want to smack her in the head . . .

Yesterday I get a call from her when I was at work. I work from 9-12 on Saturdays. And she says "mama? You have an extra set of keys to my car, right?"
"Yes."
"Can you take me to go get my car?"
Ok I'm confused . . . where is her car and why does she need the extra set of keys?
Then she goes on to tell me that Jason took her car. He went "Crazy" and beat his car with a hammer , and threw things all over the garage. Chased his aunt with the hammer like he was going to hit her with it. And then jumped in to Destiny's car and left.

The aunt called the police , they went looking for him. The car is Destiny's and the police said that if they found the car they would impound it. So she wanted to get the car and take it home. Ok . . . Jason was blowing up Destiny's phone. And when she tells him that I had another set of keys he goes crazy about that. UGH! Good thing I had another set of keys!!

So with all this crap going on, I get Kennedy . . . and bring her home with me. She doesn't need to be in the middle of all this drama.

Jason, Destiny and Kennedy have been living with Jason's Aunt (The one he just tried to hit with the hammer ) since they got back to Colorado 3 months ago. They are living there rent free. Destiny works part time for me. And she has gotten WIC for Kennedy so the baby has formula. Jason has NOT gotten a job, or even looked for one.

Well . . . after the HAMMER incident, Jason's Aunt kicked him out. He is NOT allowed back there. They made Destiny take him some of his clothes, because they don't want him back there. He is kicked out for good. Jason has made some really bad decisions. Really Really Really bad ones. And for some reason he doesn't seem to learn from them. So HE is homeless. He has called all his "Friends" and none of them want him to "Crash" on their sofas. He has called all the people he knows. And no one wants him around.

He calls Destiny and says, "What are we going to do?" He wants her and the baby to be "homeless" with him. Great. . . . Nothing like dragging his family down in to the gutter with him!

Jason's family will have Destiny and Kennedy back . . . Or she and the baby can come here and live with us . . . but JASON CAN NOT!!! I don't know what Jason is going to do . . . he has $40 and she has $10 that she borrowed from me till she gets paid on Monday.

Since No one in Jason's family would "help" him, Destiny's grandma sent her money to get him a hotel room. (I really wish she wouldn't have. I think he needs to hit rock bottom . . . but people keep bailing him out, and I don't think it's doing him any good.) and then when Destiny went to go back to Jason's aunts house they wouldn't open the door for her. So she went back to the hotel with him. UGH! If brains were dynamite she wouldn't have enough to blow her nose!!!

I have not talked to Destiny this morning yet . . . I don't know what they are going to do . . . I can't put too much energy into it . . . I have enough drama of my own . . . and I have a hurt heart from all the other stuff going on . . .

I told her yesterday . . . that no matter what I will protect Kennedy . . . even if it is from her. I will not allow her to drag that baby down . . .

Jason's family is crazy . . . the whole lot of them . . . like a bunch of evil , crazy, esteem lowering people . . . They never build each other up . . . they just tear each other down . . . no wonder Jason is crazy . . .

I don't know what today will hold . . . All I know is that I have to "Breathe in . . . breathe out . . . rinse . . . repeat." Ooops . . . Maybe I'm doing something wrong . . .

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie!!! What a roller coaster ride of emotions for you!!!! My heart does ache for you!!! I'm sending you big ole hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee . . . I have taken a big deep breath and have just realized that I have to leave it all in Gods hands . . . I don't have any control over . . . anything . . . so I am just going to keep moving and breathing and seeing what tomorrow will bring. It helps to know I have friends like you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete