Friday, April 23, 2010

Letting go

If you know anything about me . . . you know I hate to let go of anything . . . Friends, family, children, that old ticket from the circus I went to when I was 8 . . . I hate to let go .. . . I want to hold all of my things, people, places, and whatnots in my arms and in my heart. I want to fret and worry about things that everyone is doing . . . I want to remember with great pleasure all the good times.

But in this . . . I have learned that I have little to no control over almost anything!

So I need to let go . . . To save myself. I am letting go of all the pain, sorrows and worries (ok~ I might not be too successful, but I'm going to try!!) and let my higher power worry about it.

I have no control over the fact that God wanted Thomas, That Avery is going to be an asshole till he grows some sense, that Tony is too good looking for his own good and that things come too easy for him, that Tim will probably work in Iowa, that Alex has to do cop things, that my mom wants money, that Justin got broke in Afghanistan, that Roger wants to drink, That Hileigh seems to be leading my BFF down the bad path, that Jaqui needs work, that Lorinda needs money, That Gennae needs to come home (ok that ones on me, not necessarily on her), that Jessie needs to come home, that Destiny needs to divorce Jason . . . I have no control over any of that~ I'm sure there are a lot of other things too . . . but I don't want to bore you.

I am going to try and remember that God has a plan . . . and I don't know what the plan is . . . that I have just got to wait things out and see . . .

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you~ Declairs the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment