Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So Sick

Sorry I have Been MIA~ I have been really sick.

The kind of ~ I can't hold my had up ~ sick.

It started on Saturday with a stiff neck and a head ache . . . by Sunday, head hurt so bad it made me throw up. (I have a little throwing up smilie face dude, but it would gross out my BFF Jaqui so I won't post it.)

So since Sunday I have been feeling less than perfect.

I talked to My BFF Jenn DO (Which is like an MD but they try to stay a little bit more natural than MD's do) And When I was telling her what was wrong with me, she was like "GO TO THE DOCTOR!!" But if you have a BFF who is a doc do you really think you should have to go see someone else. Oh I guess I should say Jenn lives in Texas and I live in Colorado. She said "Cheri, I can't treat you because I can't see you." So I offered to send her a picture of me! . . . I guess that wasn't good enough.

So yesterday I went to see my "in-town" doctor. I was so sick, Tim had to drive me, and I couldn't even hold my head up.

Leslie (my in town doctor- yes, I am on a first name basis with my doc, she has been my doc for over 20 years) Walked in a took one look at me and said, "ICK!" Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Her sweet nurse tried to do a strep culture on me, and I gagged and needed a bucket. Told her that my tummy was giving me issues. I warned her . . . even riding in the car was bad, and no one was trying to stick anything down my throat.

Leslie came in and looked in my ears, no issues, she looked up my nose, I told her there was nothing there. She looked in my mouth and nearly gagged herself. She said my mouth, tonsils, are huge and covered in pus. Ok . . .but my throat doesn't hurt.

So she listened to my chest, and my heart was running at over 100 beats a minute just sitting there. So she gave me some suppositories (and rubber gloves) and some antibiotics, told me to go get a limeaid slushy from sonic, and see if I could keep that down.

Not to tell you too much of my information, but if you have a bad tummy, and both end have had you running to the bathroom then trying to use a suppository to keep your tummy under control isn't probably going to work. That's your FYI of the day . . . I think its good info to have.

Oh I guess I should tell you what she said is wrong with me. She says I have a special kind of strep, that has it's own special toxin, and that toxin is spread through out my body, that's why my head hurts so bad, that why I can't lift my head. I don't know anyone who has ever had this kind of special strep . . . (Did I mention that my throat didn't even hurt?) It still doesn't. I mean, it does a little, but not like you think it would for someone whose tonsils poisoned them.

So I'm trying to keep food and liquids down, and I'm trying to take the meds she gave me, and I'm hoping that I can get better.

So that's the view from my sofa . . .

Oh and just so you know, when Tim was driving me home from the doc, we saw this big black dog running down the road. After Tim Dropped me off, he went and got the dog, because he didn't want anything to happen to him. So now we are hosting this lost big black Newfoundland/lab. He is huge! Probably weighs about 125 pounds, he's a good dog, for the most part, but he is missing his real home. He's trained. He sits, lays, stays, catches thing you throw at him, and shakes. So I know someone is missing him. Hopefully someone will call and claim him today. Tim put up signs all over the neighborhood, and called all the animal control places. So hopefully today something good will happen for this big black dog.

That's all that is going on here . . . nothing exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment