Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2 bad nights of sleep . . . UGH!

I am a VERY TIRED GIRL!

So I haven't slept real well in 2 days, and the pneumonia doesn't seem to want to let me go! UGH! I am tired.

Night before last I just couldn't sleep. I was sleeping on the sofa watching tv, or rather the tv was watching me sleep. But as soon as I came upstairs to go to bed, Wide awake. I read a while, (My niece Rahni sent me one of the Twilight books) and then I was still awake so I got up and took one of Tim's sleeping pills and went back to bed and read some more. UGH! Finally I fell asleep, and for the rest of the night I dreamed I was cleaning the basement! Ok so it wasn't a very restful night. I woke up VERY tired.

So last night, I went to bed fine, fell asleep fine, and then the "dog alarm" went off, (the 3 dogs who sleep with me were barking and sitting at the end of the bed growling) Ok, that's not normal.

I figure maybe someone needs to go potty. So we trek down stairs and I let them out, but what was very weird was that I was SCARED! (I'm never scared in my house) My house didn't feel right to me. I was scared . . . I don't know how else to describe it . . . So I let the dogs in and we all went back up to bed.

I have slept with a knife on my night stand for over 20 years. (Brief side track~ When I was pregnant with Alex we were living in an apartment in Arizona close to the airbase. And we had gone to see Former Hubby #1's family for Thanksgiving and had gotten home late and fallen in to bed. As soon as we lay down, we hear screaming. We both jump out of bed, and Former hubby #1 runs out the door, and I call 911. Turns out that a lady was attacked in the laundry room with a fire extinguisher. (That's the short version of the store.) So right after that, Roger (my best friend) mailed me 2 knifes, one to keep in the house and one to carry with me if I had to go out. (Remember at this time I'm 8 months pregnant- I was the knife wielding prego woman! ) He eventually wanted the one knife back but let me keep the other, I have had it on my bed side table since he mailed it to me. (One of the boys moved my knife once, and I think in my subconscious mind, I realized it, and had bad dreams all night.)

So I get out my knife, and lay it under my hand, and turn out the lights . . . The "dog alarm" goes off one other time, but it doesn't seem to make them too crazy, finally they calm down, and we all go back to sleep. I thought about getting up and calling Tim, but it was like midnight . . . and I would hate to wake him up and worry him, when there is nothing he could do.

I'm still sleeping with my knife. And then I start having these weird dreams . . .In my dream, Tim and I are traveling in the motor home (Not the big pink short bus~ but something that wouldn't fall apart as we were driving down the road. The one in the dream was REALLY fancy!) And Drew (Former hubby #2 ) is following us and professing his "love" for me. He is trying to get between me and Tim and cause problems. That's about all I remember of the dream. (In real life I have only talked to Drew 2 times in the last year . . . once when his grandfather passed away, and one time to tell him that I wasn't ever going to be with him again.)

Could it be that Drew was skulking around my side of town? I guess so, but that isn't really his personality . . . So I don't know what was going on with the dogs and the dreams . . . All I know is that I was scared last night, and I don't like feeling like that.










No comments:

Post a Comment