Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm on a roll!!!

My goal was to do 20 scrapbook pages for the Month of April . . . and (Drum roll please!!!) At this point I have done 41 pages!!!! And I'm probably going to scrapbook today!!!! So hopefully I will have even more.


I really believe that creativity comes in "Spurts" that sometimes you could sit at your scrapbooking table for hours and hours and maybe not do a thing . . . and then there are those other times when you sit down and everything just falls in to place.

Here is a tip~
I pre-do my pages (I guess a better word would be "pre-plan", but I like "pre-do" better). I put the pictures, plus the papers and a lot of the time the journalling, plus any special embellishments I want to use in a 2 gallon ziplock baggie, that way, I can grab one baggie and all the stuff I need is in it. Usually I put a few extra pieces of paper in it, just in case I have an epiphany and want to do something "ubber- creative". When I'm done, what papers I don't use go back into my stash . . . for my next wonderful project.

So here are some of the layouts I did yesterday . . . My favorite ones will be at the bottom so you have to look through all of them. (I'm tricky that way)

This is another layout of me and Jaqui, from when we were teens . . . I chalked the edges of the solid papers . . . I think it turned out pretty good. (The little necklace at the top of the pink paper was one Jaqui gave me years ago, that hung in my car forever- It was time to take it down and what better place to use something like that, than in a scrapbook!)


Another "oldie" This is me and my little friend Shannon . . . I'm working on trying to figure out how to use these little pictures and make it look interesting and creative . . . I hope I'm succeeding! I have never been a big fan of "Rub-ons" because they never turn out right for me, but I think what the problem was is they were too new and "gooy" it seems to me that the older a rub on is the better it comes off and sticks to the page . . . I don't know if that is a real "tip" or not, but that seems to be my personal experience.




This one is NOT very exciting. But . . . I keep everything! I save id's and tickets and all those silly little things that my boys think are stupid to save . . . but in my mind, someday Alex will be excited to see his trade school id's, and maybe his kids will be excited too . . . So here is another tip . . . save all those silly little things, even if other people think they are stupid!

This is a lay out of "Rebellion at its finest" ~ Alex had always wanted a Mohawk, but he has such great hair that I never wanted him to get one, so when he turned 18 he did it "Because I couldn't tell him what to do any more!" UGH!

Here is kind of a silly lay out . . . It's not X-rated, but mostly just goofy and stupid. Yes that is Former hubby #1's butt. . . I'm sure you all wanted to see it. ( ) And Yes that is me lifting up my shirt and showing my ugly bra! I'm a big fan of scrapping the "Strange and unusual too. The happy along with the sad . . . No life has just HAPPY moments . . . and I think the sad ones need to be a part of the books too. Along with the goofy and strange!

I really like this lay out . . .I don't know why exactly . . . maybe it's the papers or the embellishments . . . Maybe it's because I remember those rare times when my sweet Tony would sleep so fondly! I love the rhinestone embellishment . . . (I have them in my online store, if you are feeling like you just can't live without them! (hint hint)


I know I did a lay out like this with Alex and Jessica a couple weeks ago, but It worked out so well and I had the papers still, so might as well do it again, for another kids book! On this one I chalked the edges of the paper to give it a little more depth.
And last but not least~ My favorite from yesterday!


I have been wanting to scrap these pictures for a long time! But couldn't figure out what I really wanted to do with them . . . finally I decided to make a tree and then tuck Avery in there so he could "pee" on the tree . . . I think both the lay out and the tree turned out really cute! (Again, I scrap even the strange moments in life!)

So that's it for me today . . . If I don't get done blogging soon, I will miss all those wonderful hours I could be scrapbooking!


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. They are all wonderful. Here's my favorites not in any particular order from top to bottom, layout #1, 2, 5 & 6. There is something I really like alot in those ones. Not that the others aren't good, they are, it's just those are my favorites. The one's that jump out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza Girl!!!! Can you believe I still haven't attempted combining my stamping with scrapbooking yet???? I love making cards....but I sooo gotta scrapbook!!! I love walking down your Memory Lane with you!!!! Okay.....sometime at the end of May maybe?? I'm coming for the weekend!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lee I would SOOOOOO love that!!!

    I make a lot of cards for the store but my big thing right now is I have got to get caught up on these scrapbooks!! And when Tim isn't home those weekends are perfect to scrap scrap scrap!

    As soon as "mothers day" is over lets get get it scheduled!!! Then we can scrap and drink and gossip and all those other things! We won't even have to clean up the table at night we can just leave everything where it was! Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete