Friday, April 24, 2009

Freedom of speech

I'm a huge advocate of the 1st amendment of our constitution! I believe in "Freedom of speech with all my heart!

I think anyone who tries to censor what anyone wants to say, is out of line.

So here it is . . . what our constitution says in the 1st amendment. “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.” -- First Amendment to the Constitution for the United States of America

Doesn't that just make you want to wave your flag . . .


I know I'm standing on "MY" soap box, but this morning I got a rather "pissy" message from my former hubby #2. Months ago I told my kids, and a couple of my "extras" a story of when #2 and I were in Florida, and we went parasailing. He didn't like it too much because he is afraid of heights (I might have added that, that fear was maybe why he didn't grow too tall (Kind of snarky on my part but I am a red head so all bets are off on the nice thing if I get angry.).) I don't have a fear of heights but I do have fear of water . . . so #2 paid the boat captain extra money to dunk me (not very nice ) . . . Well apparently my extra kid (who works for #2 right now) teased him about it . . . and so as soon as I logged in to the computer this morning, I get a nasty message from #2 (I love calling him #2, it's what I used to call "poop" when I was little ) saying that I shouldn't tell stories that would embarrass him. I pretty much told him that it was my 1st amendment right of freedom of speech to say what ever I wanted to. Then he said that I didn't respect him . . . Well . . . humm . . . let me think . . . WHY WOULD I?!?!?!? (In Cheriland~ respect is earned!)

So it goes without saying . . . The 1st amendment is my favorite . . . I love anything that gives us the right to be who we really are (As long as it isn't against the law!)

I'll step off my soap box now . . . Thanks for listening!





No comments:

Post a Comment