Monday, April 13, 2009

All things easter . . .

Easter has never been one of my favorite holidays . . . it's just . . . not . . . I am not overly religious. I'm very spiritual, but just not a big church girl or "doctrine" type of person. I'm more inclined to pick and choose what I want to believe from the plethora of things, and people I have come in to contact with.

I "study" things that appeal to me. One day I was curious about the Kaballa (I know I spelled it wrong!) and so I bought a book and read it . . . It was interesting. Although everything about it didn't resonate with me, I did find a few nuggets that did.

I digress. So back to Easter . . . When my boys were little we would dye eggs and the morning of Easter I would hide them all over the house. It was fun. Since the boys have grown up, they don't let me hide eggs for them, they don't even care if they get anything for Easter . . . but me being the mom I am, I still care. So they each got some candy.

The last couple years, I have been able to give Easter stuff to Grace (across the street- Sue's grand daughter) and to Brooke's little brother and sister. It makes me really happy to have little ones to do special things for. This year I got them BIG BALLS from Target for Easter. I didn't feel like giving them a bunch of candy. It was so much fun when Brooke brought them by the house and I gave them their balls.

Liam picking on Tony, and Riley threw her ball and she thought it was gonna come back and WHAP her . . .

Riley chasing her ball . . . she is so cute, every time she would bend over her little "butt crack" would show, since her pants were too big! It made me giggle!!!


After a little CRAZY ball playing we sent the kids upstairs to look at the birds and the boys and I hid some Easter eggs for them, they had fun looking for them.


Tony hid an egg in the corner of the sofa . . . and then he sat down beside it so he could "help" them find it. It was so much fun to do Easter stuff with little ones!!! (I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss having little ones around to do special things with.)

So this is also a big weekend for Tim and I . . . Last year, we met Easter (Although last year, Easter was in March) weekend for the first time. So I consider this our "Anniversary weekend". So we recreated out "First date" . . . a year ago, we went to the Natural History Museum, and then to the Grand Lux for dinner. This year, we went to the Natural History Museum and the Grand Lux for dinner, but as an added bonus, my BFF- Jaqui and Tim's BF - James went on their first date with us, so their first date and our first date are the same, just a year apart! (James got to the house early, he was so nervous! It was almost sad how nervous he was!!) (and then when Jaqui got to the house she was REALLY nervous too . . . her hand was shaking!) I guess the anticipation of the date had really made them both so excited neither knew what to do! I liked it!

They met on New years eve, when I had both of them over to play games and since then they have both wanted to go out . . . but I have been so sick for so long that we were finally able to do it this weekend . . .

Here we are at Dinner! Happy Anniversary to US!!!

Here are Jaqui and James . . . Happy first date to you!

I haven't had the opportunity to talk to Jaqui yet, I will hopefully get my chance today! but I do know that James had a good time, and he asked her out again. (Next time they can go without Tim and I . . . ) I love how they wore matching outfits!!

Well, that was my weekend adventure . . . plus we went to moms and ate too much and played games . . . it was fun . . . The boys cheat at all games! Just so you know . . . if you play a game with them, just expect it!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Looks like you had fun on your double date. Funny that James & Jaqui both wore red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have fun! It was a great time . . . It just seems like my weekend with Tim was just too short this time around . . . I don't like it . . . but I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete