Saturday, April 18, 2009

Scrapbooking . . .Albums . . . A challange

I scrap out of order . . . and I do 8 books right now. Mine, Oldest son, Middle son, Youngest son, My Mom, My dad, My aunty, and Tim and my book. (Eventually I will do Tim's book too~ but he has to organize his pictures (I keep teasing him about this.)) So on any given Scrapbooking day, I might do My teenage pictures, my dads baby pictures, Oldest sons football banquet, my youngest son getting his drivers license, My middle son working on his car, Tim and I in Washington or on a double date . . . (You get the point)

Since I am not doing things in order Everyone has their own big 12x12 envelopes, (here are mine, plus my one book I have done!) So 1 book, and 3 over stuffed envelopes! and I still have Tons and tons of my pictures to scrap, so I need to get more envelopes because I can't fit any more into these. But at least when I do get to a point where I feel I'm done, I will be able to assemble the albums very quickly, because within the envelopes, everything is in chronological order. I do a layout and then just slide the lay outs in to their envelope . . . Storing them and keeping them safe till I am ready to assemble albums. (My Mom, dad and Aunty all have books that are done~ although every year I give them pages at Christmas time of things we have done that year, or old pictures I have scraped a new way.) And I did manage to get the part of my life done with "Former Hubby #2" I just didn't want that looming over my head so that is actually all put together and done. (And since that was a pretty short part of my life, it was pretty simple to get that book done.)

I made a pact with Kathy who works for me, that we would both do 20 pages this month, and hopefully every month for the rest of the year. If we do that, and only that, (And considering we are starting at the 4th month of the year) we would have 160 pages done by the end of the year!!! Isn't that amazing to think about?? So I challenge you to try that too . . . If you can't commit to 20 pages, do 10, or even 5. (5 pages a month for 12 months is 60 pages by the end of the year!!!) Set your goals and do it!! I will help you!

I sat down in my office yesterday after I got home from work, and started scraping. I wanted to see if I could actually do my 19 pages I had left to do for my pact with Kathy, and I managed to get 28 pages done!!! So I'm over my goal!! Yippee! Hooray for me!! I think something else people need to realize, is that NOT EVERY PAGE NEEDS TO BE A MASTERPIECE! Some pages are simple, others have a lot more "flash and bang" to them.

Here are a few more of the lay outs I did yesterday.

Isn't this a great picture of Jade?!?! She is so silly! (She loves to have her picture taken!)

An Important moment from Alex's life, even though he was too little to remember it! And that's what scrapbooking is really about . . . documenting those life moments, the special times. Alex may not remember when he got to be with his Great Grandpa, but these pictures show it, and the journaling tells him the story. Isn't that great!?!?!

Being the mother of 3 boys, I don't get to use pink in their scrapbooks very often, so when I get the opportunity I jump on it! This is Avery playing with Brooke's little sister Riley.

So if anyone would like help with their scrapbooking goals, give me a call, not only can I help you to get organized, but I can teach you how to scrap (If you have never done it before), I can teach you NEW things (If you have done it before) and I can even sell you the supplies to do it!!!

Here is the link to my scrapbooking business . . . click on the "blinkie" and it will take you directly to my website. Then shop away!!! (hint hint! )










2 comments:

  1. Nice layouts. I scrap out of order too. Well, maybe not out of order but different albums. I try to keep my grandson's caught up and then work on back log the rest of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said my Mom and dad and Aunty's albums are done . . . but I continue to give them pages every year. I do keep up on Tim and My book . . . That's what the Washington lay outs were . . Now I'm caught up that! It's so much easier to stay caught up that try to catch up!

    ReplyDelete