Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April layout #1

Tax day! Do you have your taxes done? I did mine months ago . . . so I never stress tax day!

But what I do stress is that I made a pact with Kathy (the lady who works for me) that we would both do 20 scrapbook layouts this month! Ok, that is doable . . . . but I'm just doing #1 on the 15th of the month . . . I had better get moving!!
So this layout has old pictures in it. A couple of weeks ago, Alex and I were in my office and he was looking at his album, and I was going through his box of pictures, and I found these, and they have sat on my desk since then because I wanted to scrap them.
In the pictures Alex is 2 and a half and Kendra was his best friend, she played with him all the time. They were playing in the front yard with this tube sprinkler thing, running through the water. They were so cute and sweet! This layout is a little Fussier than I usually do but it seems to fit the pictures . . . Hope you like it.

I love love love going through the old pictures . . . and remembering when my boys were little. In my head they are still little, and then I see them and they are all taller than me . . . taller than most people! I always cringe, every time I hear someone say, "I wish my kid would hurry up and do this or that" Because wanting them to hurry is what makes them get big so fast, and then when they are big, all you want to do is go back to those days when they were little again, and sit back and enjoy it more.
I guess that's the joy of scrapbooking, getting to look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment