Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tragedy for my "extras"

You all know how much I love my extras!

Where would my life have been with out my extras?? I have spent so many years being with them that it just seems NORMAL that they are a part of my life. Doesn't everyone have extras? (I know they don't but in my world it would be normal)
So here is the news article~ it can say it so much better than I could.

AURORA - The friends and family of a man shot and killed on Interstate 225 early Saturday morning have offered up to $30,000 in reward money for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible.

The Aurora Police Department says Michael Hulburt was a passenger in a car headed south in the left lane between 6th Avenue and Alameda, when a sports utility vehicle came up behind the car, flashed its lights and began tailgating. "There's somebody out there that killed my son that needs to be caught," Scott Hulburt, Michael's dad, said.


"The driver of the victim vehicle tapped on his brakes a couple of times. The suspect vehicle pulled into the right lane up next to the victim vehicle and someone in that vehicle fired multiple rounds into the victim vehicle, at which point the victim was struck," Aurora Police Detective Shannon Lucy said.


Hulburt died later Saturday morning at the hospital. Now Hulburt's family is asking for the public's help to catch the person or people in the SUV.


"Just help," Scott Hulburt said. "Get the message out that there's somebody out there that killed my son that needs to be caught."


Aurora detectives say the SUV was a dark color with tinted windows and distinctive, double headlights. The top headlight on each side is white and an amber colored light is just below. Detectives said Sunday they have already received some tips and are following up on those.
While arrests won't bring Hulburt back, his family is hoping for answers.


"You don't get much peace when there's no answers," Scott Hulburt said.
The police department is asking anyone with information to call Detective Tom Wilson at 303-739-6711.


This reward money is in addition to the up to $5,000 being offered by the Aurora Police Department Reward Fund.A memorial fund has been set up. The fund name is: The Michael Hulbert Memorial Fund. Donations can be made at any Key Bank location.

My Sweet Scotty~ Cried all the way through Thomas's memorial service, He will be speaking at Michael's service. Scotty has been one of mine since all the boys were so little they had to hold hands to cross the street. My heart hurts that he is hurting!
They (Scotty and the other friends "Pallbearers" of Michaels) will be in my store today blowing balloons for the service. (If I was single and a million years younger . . . these boys are sooooo cute! Bad Cheri . . . ) My store isn't that big, but I can't tell them not to all come, if they need to come, and they need to do this for their friend, I am always happy to help and let them.



Scotty loved the balloon release for Thomas so much that he doesn't think that Michael should go away without one too. *Their balloons will be white, green and blue

This is the front yard memorial for Michael . . . It struck me hard . . . What a difference a day, week, month, year make . . . The sadness of the front yard memorial hurts my heart

Because a couple years ago, that same front yard had happy things happening in it.

Tony (you can tell tony~ He stands out in a crowd- he is the one in the cream pinstripe tux) and crew left for prom from this house . . . this same house where sadness lives currently, is where all these happy young people were thinking of the future and what was going to happen after high school (As this was their senior prom)

So everyday . . . every minute of every day . . . remember those you love, pray for them, think of them, do what you have to do for them, because you never know . . . you never know how much time you have . . .

Love with all your heart . . . don't hold back . . . what are you holding back for any way . . . if this is the only life you get to live, then you want to be fully vested in each and every moment of it. Love, and live . . . touch people and be touched . . . It's what you will have wanted to do . . . if something should happen . . .

I miss Thomas horrible . . . but . . . I know in my heart of hearts that I did EVERYTHING I was supposed to do . . . everything I needed to do . . . every thing I wanted to do. I have no regrets as far as Thomas goes . . . because I lived fully in the time I had with him.

I hope my boys will have that same feelings over all the people who touch them and their lives. Never regret . . . live fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment