Thursday, February 12, 2009

Employees who suck and the other dramas of the day

Yesterday my employee made a point to tell me that she was writing down her time as soon as she got there because she didn't want there to be any dispute about it at closing time. She got there at 10:10 . . . only an hour and 10 minutes late for work!!! for the most part through out the day she was ok.

Brooke had to work her other job yesterday at Dairy Queen, and so she wasn't in, but told the boys to come over there and she would give us all lunch. So the boys went and picked up all up chili cheese dogs and blizzards. (She bought the lunches for 5 people.) My employee didn't really want hot dogs for lunch, but that was what we were having, so she could eat what Brooke was giving us, or go and get something herself. The boys came back to the store with the food and my employee took one bite and threw it in the trash!!!! she said "I don't like it." With Teenage boys around she could have offered it to one of them or even Destiny. So I thought she was snarky and ungrateful.

Then Tony's recruiter popped in to the store with him. And I told him "I'm going to kick your a*s!" He laughed but he doesn't know how serious I was. I also had a knife in my hand that I thought about flinging, but Destiny took it away from me before I could. My mom just glared at this guy . . . her version of Redheadedness is way scarier than mine. I think Destiny took away her knife too. I also called him a "fucking fucker head" and told him I was going to take him "out back and beat the shit out of him." I'm a sweet sweet girl sometime.

Then around 430 with still about 14 orders to make up for today, my employee informs Destiny that this was her last order she was making, she was cleaning up and going home. Destiny (Who has worked for me since this past MONDAY) told the employee, "You will not leave until tomorrows orders are done. You just won't." So the employee helped to do them, and then at 5 she cleaned her station and left . . . knowing that we were still staying there and working more. Ok if you are the last one to work, how come you are the first one to leave??? I didn't say anything, because I'm at that point where I'm about to wring her neck.

Then some pervy man comes in to the store to buy flowers for his wife, tells me that he is going to spend a lot of money but he wants a hug and a beer too. So I hug him, Destiny gets him a beer, and he spends $65 dollars on his flowers, (I'm sorry, but in Cheriland, that is NOT a lot of money, when I got orders going out that are like over $200) Then he says "I always like to get a hug from a big breasted woman." Ok . . . then he said "I almost made you blush" "No, you didn't I don't blush." Wacko, and the thing is, I wasn't wearing anything provocative, I was wearing a jogging suit.

Then Brooke gets kicked out of her house by her parents . . . they are moving to Prague (I don't know how to spell it.) In another country, and leaving her here but while they are still here they want her to have a curfew of 10 pm. (She graduated early and has two jobs, she is a good girl, she makes me crazy sometimes but she is a good girl.~ Her job at Dairy Queen sometimes doesn't get over with till 1030 at night, so how can she have a 10 PM curfew . . . so now Brooke is living here with me.

But on a happy note . . . I came home from work with Destiny and the boys had made dinner, and they cleared the table in the formal dining room and we ate dinner in there. It was super nice and wonderful to sit there with my kids and extras! I love moments like that!

I'm tired, I know I'm tired, I have not been sleeping good, and I work so hard, and being this tired makes me emotional. After the recruiter coming in to the store, Tony joining the marines has been on my mind. Jason and Destiny are both in the service, so they are trying to help me through this . . . I was shutting down my computer last night and Tony came up and told me that he is REALLY going, that he will be away from all the fighting because of the job he is going to do. I tear up, and my sweet boy wipes my tears . . . I told him I'm really trying hard not to be crazy . . . But that its hard to think about him leaving, and how it is very scary to me, that I would lay down my life for him . . . So tears are rolling down my face and I'm a nut, and he is wiping my tears and telling me not to cry, I keep telling him I'm not crying. That I'm just being crazy . . .and I'm working really hard at getting it together. He told me he knew I was trying.

So I call my poor Tim, (cuz I do that every night before bed) and I'm still crazy, and I tell him everything I just told you . . . and I cry and cry and cry . . . (He will be here tonight, and I'm so happy!) I told him I was sorry I was crazy, he said I wasn't crazy, I just have had a long and bad week.

The creepy boob dude will be in the store today to pick up his flowers, but Alex will be there, so hopefully he won't say anything like that today, cuz Alex will step on him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! Too much going on during your busy week. That's so nice of you to let Brooke move in. But....as your PRM (Public Relations Manager)....is this going to be ok with Tony? I know they have been on and off again. I'm sure you already talked to him about it....I'm just thinking out loud.

    What was Tony thinking bringing the recruiter in to the store during Valentine's week? Surely he knew you wouldn't be rational?! I guess you were going to have to meet him at some point but I'm thinking next week would have been better.

    Have fun with Tim this weekend!

    ReplyDelete