Saturday, February 21, 2009

A beautiful singing voice!

If you think that Cookie monster or a spoon in the garbage disposal s ound great, then you would think I have a beautiful singing voice. I will be going to pick up my Grammy soon! I sound like metal grating on gravel right now.

I have been sick . . . I think I got too wore down from Valentines day. And with my Graves Disease it seems I catch EVERYTHING that comes down the pike . . .

So mostly I have been laying on the sofa watching movies, or the movies are watching me sleep, and I have been crocheting when I'm awake . .. the sofa and I have become VERY good friends.

I have had a fever and so I go from sweating to having the chills. What a mess! I hadn't combed my hair or showered in 4 days . . . (At this moment I'm glad that Tim is in New Mexico, I wouldn't have wanted to scare him away!!!) (I did shower last night, so I don't smell sick any more.)

I'm ready to feel better! I'm ready to get out of the house some. I don't know if my voice is ready to speak yet . . . (For those couple people I have tried to speak with, I'm sure you know how beautiful I sound!) but I'm sure that my voice will come back in a day or two. (Its funny how every time I get sick it always ends up in my throat first.) (I once read a book about people who didn't speak their minds would end up with diseases like Graves. I was once one of those people who held my tongue (I know that is probably a shock to some of you) but in a life I had years ago, I was afraid to say all I wanted to say . . . . (That was when I ended up with the graves.) After I moved on from that part of my life, I have always spoken my mind, I try to do it gently but I don't let it set in me bottled up any more. But I think, if that book had any truth to it, that my throat remembers those days when I couldn't speak, and now it reminds me of how much I love to speak and how important it is to have words and to say what your heart longs to say.)



So I have quarantined myself for long enough, I'm ready to get back out into the world and see what I have been missing . . .

WATCH OUT WORLD HERE I COME!!!







4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're ill. I've taken care of my grandson being sick for the last three days. He threw up all over the place and we're still smelling the after effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happily I'm not throwing up . . . but I can't seem to get rid of the fever . . . I'm good for a while and then I'm chilled or sweating . . .

    Thanks for the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete