Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The "Broncos"

No I'm not a huge football fan!! The Broncos are my team but . . . I don't sit on pins and needles during football season because they are playing. So that's NOT what I'm talking about.

When Avery was a baby he had "Reactive Airway" I guess it's kind of like coup . . . And so every once in a while we would have to load up in the middle of the night and drive with the windows down to the hospital and they would give him medicine that would make him bounce off the walls.




As he got a little older when he would get a cough it was always deep and barky . . . and he would come to me and say "Mama, I have the Broncos" (His word for Bronchitis- in his little head he always had "Bronchitis" even if it was just a little cough)

So over the years now, when ever we have a bad cough we have the "Broncos"!

I went to the doctor yesterday and you guessed it . . . "I have the BRONCOS" (The real and true "Broncos" aka Bronchitis)

The doctor told me not to talk, (ME NOT TALK?!?!?!?!?! What is he thinking ) He says it strains my voice too much with it being so "gooped up" (My word not his, he used some doctor word, I could call Jenn and ask her but I know it translates out to "Gooped up") So I have not been talking much. I have answered the phone a couple of times but don't talk long because it's painful for me, and I'm sure it's painful for those who have to listen to me.

A friend of mine called yesterday, and I haven't talked to her in a week or so, so I answered and the first words out of her mouth were, "You sound horrible!" Yes . . . I know . . . We didn't talk long because it's just too hard to talk. Pretty much the consensus it "Everyone is glad I went to the doctor!"

I'm on heavy duty antibiotics, cough syrup (That makes me sleepy) and Inhalers (that make me twitchy and shaky) I am going to take my next antibiotic today and hopefully by tomorrow I will be feeling way better. I think I will probably miss work again, because I really can't talk, (Can you imagine me trying to take orders over the phone? "Thank you for Calling Artistic creations" People are going to think I'm like some weirdo answering the phone.) and I haven't been on the antibiotics for 24 hours yet. My employee Kathy's husband has a lung condition and I would hate to go in an her get what I have and then him catch it from her . . . that would be horrible. Or even for my mom or dad to get it . . . YIKES I would hate for my mom and dad to get this . . . so one more day . . . tons of meds and hopefully tomorrow I will be "Fit as a fiddle" (Ok I know I should have found someone playing the "Fiddle" but this little flasher guy was so much cuter!")









No comments:

Post a Comment