Friday, October 8, 2010

Remember why . . .

Wednesday, Tim came in to the store . . . and said, "I was thinking about lunch , what time do you get off?"

I said probably about 1, "What do you have in mind?"

"Beau Jo's!!!" (I should stop the story right there and tell you about Beau Jo's . . . they started in this little mining town, actually the restaurant sits on top of the mine shaft . . (its haunted , but that's a different story) They make the most AMAZING pizzas, the crust on the edges is like two inches thick and you eat it with honey . . . and the pies are so yummy, you just drool thinking about them . . . they have all these different sauces and toppings . . . they are so good~ I just remembered I have one piece left in the fridge~ BREAKFAST!!!! (I usually get a garlic cream sauce, with Italian sausage, Canadian bacon, mushrooms and black and green olives! So yummy, I might have to stop writing and go get my pizza out of the fridge . . . ok I'm back and munching away! Don't mind the crumbs on my key board , I will lick those off later!)


"In Idaho Springs?"
(Idaho Springs is about an hour away, UP the moutain)

"Yeah, why not?"


I couldn't think of "Why not?" So when I got off work we took a "toodle" and went up the mountain.

There is NOTHING better than Colorado in the Fall!



So we toodled, and ate the most amazing yumminess, and then wandered through the little town, it is kind of touristy, but it's so small that I think most people miss the town if you really don't know it's there or have a reason to go to it. There are some wonderful little stores there, and I like to go in and see what they have.

After that we got in the car and I thought we were going to come home . . . but Tim drove us to the hot spring spa . . . I'm like "honey, what we doing here?" He said, "Well I thought we could get a private bath and sit in the water for a while." (We had to have a private bath because we didn't bring our suits .) So we rented a private bath and some towels, and went to our own little room . . . (sorry I can't tell you too much more about this . . . it's censored, and Tim doesn't like it when I tell our business to everyone, so I'm not going to tell you that we got naked and got jiggy . . . that just wouldn't be my style . . . I won't tell you that we both needed the opportunity to reconnect because my work, and his work, and the house, and the friends, and the kids, and the dogs and the robbery and . . . and . . . and . . . and .. . . have all made us a bit fragmented, so the reconnecting was WONDERFUL!! )

After our adventure at the hot spring, we went to Tommy knockers bar and had a beer , and laughed and talked (after glow) and then we decided to take the scenic route through the mountains to come home, it was dusk, and it had just started to rain lightly . . . and we were listening to Dean Martin . . . It was relaxing, it was wonderful . . . it made me happy.

So I guess what I'm getting at with this, is that Tim and I took the time to remember why we love each other and why we are together in the first place. Sometimes life can get in the way of that . . . and you have to pause, and take the time to focus on what the really important things are in life . . . each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment