Monday, June 8, 2009

"We're not in Kansas any more Toto"

And neither are the tornados!!!!!!

Yesterday was pretty wild.




The funnel was getting lower, and bigger (As seen below) It really got scary when the funnel got wide at the bottom.



The photo below is the makings of a second tornado . . . it was very scary . . .

Avery said that the hail and the mud looked like Hot chocolate with Marshmellows in it . . .
Some of the hail was so big that it would hit the ground and break in to smaller pieces, but when it would hit it would sound like a huge piece of glass breaking. There was so much hail in such a short period of time that it overflowed the gutters!
In typical fashion of my children, they ran out to SAVE THE CARS! (Silly boys!)


A shopping mall about 3 miles from my house has a lot of damage to it, so I'm hoping to get to drive by there today to see what really happened. Planning on taking my camera (As though anyone could pry it out of my hands! ) So if I get any good pictures of the mall, I'll post them later.
As far as I know, no one was hurt in this tornado . . . THANK GOD!

4 comments:

  1. I am amazed that with all the turmoil you got lots of photos.

    Cheri, I have one suggestion for you about your AC Bailey business, (for what it's worth). I know when I ordered I had to put in your first and last name, alot of people probably don't know your last name. Wondering if you should add it on your sidebar. I had to look for it before I ordered and you had it in one of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, what side bar should put it on?? I am happy to do that! thank you for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about you all!!!!!!!! WOWZERS!!!!! I'm so glad you're all safe and sound!!!! Now these are gonna make some interesting scrap pages I believe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri, I don't know which blog but I can't find your last name on either unless it would fill in your name if you click from you site. But, I didn't find that to be the case when I ordered unless it has been changed.

    ReplyDelete