Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Aftermath of the tornado

I went over to the Mall yesterday that was hit by the tornado . . . They had the main part of the mall closed off so no one could go down "Main Street" I guess a lot of windows had blown out!

This is a photo of where the movie theater is, I guess there is a bunch of roof damage.
Here is a photo of one of the windows that were blown out . . . I guess it's the same thing all up and down Main Street.

Here is a pile of all the stuff they have had to take out of the mall, that was destroyed. There is a big awning that is just all twisted. Pretty crazy stuff!

My favorite store in the mall is Michaels, cuz I can buy craft supplies . . . It is closed down, and the stores on both sides of it are closed too. There was more damage to the TJ Max than the other stores, It looked to me as though part of the side of the building was off. And all the stores had letters from the signs missing.


As I was driving home, there was this one house, where part of the roof was missing and all the windows were blown out . . . it was the only house that was like that in that neighborhood. Which is, for me, Why tornadoes are so scary . . . they can hit one house and then jump over all the rest to come down and take out other things . . . The is no rhyme or reason to a tornado . . .
I'm just glad that everyone was safe, and no one to my knowledge was hurt or killed in the tornado. Thank God!


1 comment:

  1. I've been through this, having grown up in the midwest. It's scary stuff! Glad everyone made it through ok!

    ReplyDelete