Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I made~ Chicken Artichoke squares for dinner last night.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts cut in strips (I used a rotisserie chicken as I was going to at least double the recipe~ and it was so good, and smokey flavored)
Pkg of frozen spinach
1 can of drained artichoke hearts (I bought a huge jar and then peeled off the leafy parts, they are too tough and crusty for something like this)
8 oz sour cream
Parmesan cheese (I did fresh, I don't like the dry crusty stuff!)
Garlic salt (to taste) (YUMMM!!! Lots of garlic salt!!)
1 can of crescent rolls
(Oh and I added a pack of cream cheese to mine- as if it wasn't fattening enough~ add it when you add the sour cream)

Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken strips 5-7 minutes on each side or until done. (Since I used the rotisserie chicken I just plucked off the meat and put it in the pan, no need to "cook it" just warm it.)

Add in frozen spinach (Make sure you drain all the extra juice out of it, I just squeezed it out with my hands) and artichokes and cook together 7-10 minutes.

Add in sour cream, Parmesan cheese (as much or little as you want), and garlic salt.

Heat oven to 350 degrees and open up crescent rolls. Put a small amount of mixture on each roll and fold up (I rolled mine, thinking I could put more stuff in them.). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cook 10-12 minutes. (It took mine about 25 minutes too cook . . . be sure to cook them till they are golden brown- you don't want to eat them raw!)

The meat mixture was sooooo yummy! I was eating it with a spoon.

I have been trying a lot of new recipes lately, and the guys have been happy with most . . . Alex doesn't like mushrooms so if I make something with those, he complains . . . but last night he said to me, "Mom, this is the best new thing you have made!!" That made me really happy!!!

So give it a try! I think you will like it! It was super yummy . . . I made a huge batch, and still have 10 left over in my fridge . . . If they don't have them eaten up by tonight, I will freeze them.

I love my seal a meal!!!


I think you will really like this recipe!!! I have been challenging myself to try to make at least one new thing a week . . . Some have been hits, others have been misses . . . but variety is the spice of life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment