Saturday, March 13, 2010

Humm . . . A dead people adventure

Destiny and I have been going out all week to get more customers. Its more work than being in the shop and making flowers all day . . . To have to be "ON" is very draining.

So Destiny and I went yesterday (She is sooooooooo good with people! No fear! Everyone is a friend! Awesome!) and we started off delivering a "Alice in wonderland" bouquet (I should have taken a picture of it.) to a store that is having a fashion show today. And that lady took a stack of my business cards. She loved the bouquet, and happily I got rid of the big bunny that I have had in the store for about 8 years.

Then we had a meeting with the people at the "Parker funeral home" (I'm not really big on dead people, they pretty much freak me out- but this was a very nice funeral home ) the people who run it are all family so they really liked that we are all family too. (The song "we are family, I got all my sisters with me. (But I REALLY don't enjoy both my sisters so I don't really want to have them with me.) They will be referring people to us for flowers. They have a rental casket piece, (in silk) that needed a ton of work, out dated and dusty, and had a horrible shape to it! I am surprised that any one would want to rent it! It was REALLY Ugly!!!

Destiny went to pick it up and this cloud of dust floated off of it , and the guy said, "oh we do a lot of cremations, so . . ." We just breathed in DEAD PEOPLE DUST!!! Destiny and I get out to the car and are freaking out!!!


We went to Chick-fil-a and were gonna eat lunch (Which doesn't really make a lot of sense to me now in the clarity of a day later .~ Why would we want to eat when we are covered in DEAD people dust?), So the manager at the chick-fil-a says, "Is there anything else I can do for you?" I said "I want to do your flowers for the tables" Apparently the shop that is doing it now doesn't want to continue, and so he took my card and is going to call us for that. Apparently they trade food for flowers, but all the flowers have the shops business card on them. Free advertising!!! and we get FOOD!! We love food!!!

So we have a couple other appointments, all went really well.

And then we get back to the shop and we have to fix the casket piece (I was secretly hoping mom would have fixed it while we were gone, but she has decided that I'm better at it than she is), so that we can return it back to the funeral home today. It is so DUSTY!!! Again we are totally freaking out because the words, "We do a lot of cremations here" keeps ringing in our ears! And by the time we are done we are covered in Dead people dust, we sound like cats trying to hack up a hair ball, cuz this horrible dead people dust is just covering us. We can't help but be breathing it, and we are just coated in this heavy dust. . . We washed our hands and use disinfectant before we go home, but any part of us we touch is just covered.
So D and I are in the car, and I say "Remember how cold her hands were, what if she was embalming someone and then shook our hands." (We spent a lot of time freaking each other out) At this point D is chewing on her finger nail and starts hacking! I'm laughing so hard at this point I probably should have pulled the car over since I couldn't see for the laughing tears)

So that was our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment