Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Grand kids are FUN

Have I mentioned recently how much I enjoy being a Granny!?!?!?!?!

Being a mom was great, but the daily ins and outs of taking care of a little one was WORK, joyful work, but still WORK . . .

Being a Granny is FUN FUN FUN FUN! I don't have to do any of the hard stuff. I can just do the fun stuff . . . No 2 AM feedings for me . . . I'm disney land granny! All fun all the time.

Destiny and Jason took Kennedy to see his family in Texas (Don't even get me started on "THOSE PEOPLE" (Talk about not having all their ducks quacking!) and they were gone almost 2 weeks . . . Goodness I missed my little Kennedy!

It's amazing how in 2 weeks how much she changed! she is more alert! More interesting! She loves to lay on the floor and we talk and she reaches for my nose- and picks it for me, and pulls my hair, and grabs my lips and pokes my eyes . . . and I love every minute of it! We talk and I tell her not to marry stupid men, who won't treat her right, and I tell her that she can be beautiful AND smart, that she should live up to her full potential . . . NEVER SETTLE. Those are the important things for a Granny to tell to their grand daughters, and grand sons for that matter.
The potential for her and all the babies and my grands, is limitless! They can do and be anything they want!


So back to yesterday. Destiny and Jason are in too much of a hurry . . . for everything. And so Kennedy is out of her baby carseat carrier, and in one of those big ones. Well, the baby doesn't sit up yet, and she can't sit in a cart (like in the store) so what do you do?? I had to carry her all through Office Depot (They didn't have what I thought I wanted. UGH! I hate that). And then when I got back to the car some dumb bimbo, decided that I had door popped her car and she started yelling at me after I got Kennedy in the car. "You hit my car!!" "No I didn't!" "Yes you did!" Finally after several minutes of this . . . I showed her that if I had door popped her, the marks would have been in a different place. At this point the red head is ready to go crazy. And if I hadn't had Kennedy with me, I would have probably really gone off on this dumb bimbo. So finally "Dumb bimbo" looks and sees that I didn't pop her car, and she says, "Thank you." And I'm thinking to myself. "SEE I TOLD YOU SO!" But I didn't say anything. I got in my car and thought about running her over and then came home with my sweet little Kennedy!

So we played on the floor.
and I took lots of pictures of her. And then she took a little nap. (here she is tried and ready for me to stop taking pictures!)
After her little nap, we got our "Hot chicks" bikini's on (sorry folks no picture of me in my bikini!)

And went out and swam in the hot tub for a little while.
After that more pictures . . . and then mommy and daddy came to get her, I guess I had all the fun I could have that day . . .
So today we are off to have another adventure . . . don't know what it will be . . . but I'm sure it will be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment