Monday, July 6, 2009

A true inspiration!

I have been a member on the Scrapbook Addict board since January 28,2006 and I have built up such wonderful friend ships! I call the woman on the board, "My ladies" and Tim knows I have to check in with "my ladies" all the time, tell them about what we have going on, and all that kind of stuff . . .

"My Ladies" and I have been through so much together, they have been with me through all my dating drama (Before Tim) and all the other ups and downs of my life. And I have been with them through hospital visits and sick kids and spouses . . . and vacations and holidays. We have been through "LIFE" together. I don't know if my other ladies feel the same way about the board as I do . . . but for me, it's an extension of my family . . . they are my friends . . . my sisters . . .

And though many of us have not met, we are family. We check in almost daily . . . we have built up a love and commitment to each other that I find sometimes in "Real life" is rare.

I have had "Physical friends" (The ones that you know in person~ and see their physical beings)who I have known for 30 years who are less supportive than "My ladies" who I have only known online.

I guess it isn't a matter of knowing them in REAL LIFE, or not, it's the commitment, the common ground, the desire to connect that draws us all together . . . We don't take advantage of the fact that we are "Friends" we are there for support and camaraderie. I love that!

So I was super excited when "Kimi in MD" posted that she was going to be in Colorado Springs for a couple of days!

She is so sweet! I fell in love with her for so many reasons . . . but I think the biggest one was that last year for my birthday, she called me. Tim was out of sorts because of the job thing, and I had posted that I was just kind of feeling blue because Tim was "off" (He couldn't do what he wanted to do for me, so he kind did nothing. I would have been happy with him making me a birthday cup of coffee or a birthday bacon, or buying me a stick of glue (For scrapbooking), or giving me an IOU for an awesome night out when the job situation changed, but I think in his former life, those simple things would have not been appreciated, for me, I would have appreciated them.) So I was kind of bummed . . . and just going about my day and my cell phone rings with a number I didn't know . . . it was Kimi! Wow! I don't know how she got my number, (I should have asked her that yesterday.) And despite her having a lot of physical problems, she was thinking of me! (I hope that I can be as selfless as she is)

I pride myself on being "Johnny on the spot" and being there for whoever needs me, and a lot of the time putting my wants on hold for others . . . but I was, and truly am inspired by Kimi and how this lady continues to think of others and be there and help and love on other people!

This wonderful lady is an inspiration to me!!! She has a lot of physical issues that I think for a lesser person would have them sitting in the house pouting and crying (I would probably be one of those people! I would be blubbering and pouting.) And here she is, tackling the world and taking care of her boys, and calling people for their birthdays when they are blue, and shopping with tons of coupons! She doesn't let her physical issues stop her! She "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!" . . . She is my hero! And I hope that I can have even half of the gumption she has for living and life!

She is a beautiful lady, inside and out.
My ode to Kimi is done, (For the moment)

So back to yesterday . . . I found out she was going to be in Colorado Springs (About an hour from where I live) and I told her that if she was up to it, we would meet her. She was up for it and called me, and told me that she could meet about 4ish. So Tim and I went out to meet her! And she is SOOOOOO sweet!

We had a light dinner at Chili's, I gave her a little present of a pair of homemade slippers, and a little change purse, and 3 little hand painted vases . . . I figure she needed a little pick me up, and I was happy to give her a little gift that made her smile! (She said that she is in Slippers a lot! So those were a good choice. I'm glad Tim reminded me to grab a pair!) Then we took her on a toodle of Garden of the Gods. Here is a picture of she and I at Garden of the Gods.



She loved the rocks! She loves the beauty of Colorado! (Tim was in charge of taking pictures and we didn't get but a couple . . . I'm more of the picture taker in the family) I got her a flattened penny of the "kissing camel" rock (She says she has flattened pennies from all kinds of places.) and I picked up a "RED" rock from the ground, I'm a rock collector and so I figure that everyone needs pretty rocks!

As we were toodling through Garden of the Gods we saw deer . . .

And so we took some pictures of the deer. I took more with Kimi's camera, while standing on the seat of my car and popping out the sunroof! Kimi was super excited about the deer and couldn't wait to get home to show her hubby and son!

Then we took her for a little toodle of Manitou springs, it's a little "village-ish" town that is real quaint and sweet, we just drove through . . .

Then we took her back to the hotel. We hugged a lot . . . she is such a doll! And I'm so happy I got to meet and get to know her.

I'm thinking in the next few months she will be back in Colorado again, so I will pop out and see her again! And hopefully get more pictures with her!

I'm so happy I made the connects with my Scrapbook Addict ladies . . . I'm so happy I have built friendships and a sisterhood like none other. I'm a lucky girl! I'm blessed in so many ways!

And I'm so happy and honored to have got to know a beautiful soul like Kimi! I'm truly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice ode to a fantastic person!! Kimi and I have talked on the phone quite a bit and gotten to know each other over the years. I am always amazed at what she goes through and what she still accomplishes with her illness.

    I also feel very close to our SBA "Sisters". People think I'm weird when I talk about someone and they say, "Who?" and I tell them it's an online friend. I don't care. I think I'm closer to my online friends than I am to my physical friends! Great post, Cheri! You are a wonderful person to take an hours drive to meet Kimi and make her feel welcome to CO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to meet some of the SBA ladies someday.

    ReplyDelete