Monday, July 6, 2009

Some layouts from July

I've had a very productive first 6 days of July! I have already scrapbooked 42 pages! And I know that I will be scrapbooking more on Wednesday this week. I really would LOVE to be all caught up! And then maybe feel as though I could work on my heritage albums . . . but that's a different time and day!~

So here are some of the layouts I've done lately.

Here is Avery when he was a little sprout . . . I have found that I didn't seem to take as many pictures of Avery, but I did take better ones! I think the picture speaks without needing journaling or anything else. I love his happy little face.


A simple and fun layout at the Zoo with Gennae and Bryan back in 98. (I used up some of the scraps I had from making the above layout! (I love it when you can use up scraps.)

I have been wanting to do this next layout for a long time! I bought that "Big Bird" embellishment years ago, knowing I had something on the horizon with Big bird . . . The opposite is true of this layout, as Avery's layout . . .this one needed the journaling to tell the story . . . (The picture is not great but, the story is important!)

An oldie . . . this is a layout from Wedding #1 . . . (No I'm not like Elizabeth Taylor and have like 8 . . . I have had 2) I didn't want to do too much journaling or anything, just get the pictures down, I think sometimes the hard layouts (Or the ones where you know, things didn't work out) are sometimes just best left without the journaling. A date and who is who is enough.)

My sweet boys, Alex and Tony, Tony was just a week old, and Alex loved him so much and wanted to be with him all the time.

Every year on the first day of school I take pictures of my boys . . . As they have gotten older they know the pictures are coming and they accept that . . . but they still don't like it much.

I bought these papers when I first started Scrapbooking, and have never really liked them much, but the alphabets work well for 1st day of school pictures.

Another "family" picture shortly before Former hubby #1 and I split up . . . So no journaling . . . I think the picture is fine without it. Simple, get it in the book so you can move on to other things . . .

This is a layout of the first time the boys got to go up to the mountains and snowboard. Not great pictures, because I hate to be cold and it was REALLY cold out there.

This is a layout from when we went to the children's museum to take a snowboard lesson.
These next 3 are from the children's museum when the boys took a Ski lesson . . .
Avery's layout~

Tony's layout~

Alex's layout~

Inside the children's museum . . . they all got to do some fun things.
Alex's layout~

Avery's layout~ (I love how Avery is standing there with his hands out, because he got dirty . . . I guess that was the beginning of his "Germ-a-phobia")
Tony's layout~

Alex and Tony double dated with the sisters from Across the street to Homecoming, (It was more of a "Sibling thing" than a real date thing). So the whole family went over to see them off. Here is Avery's layout from that night.
Alex's layout from that night.

Tony's layout from that night.
The year before the double date, Alex and Nitasha went to homecoming together too . . . neither one of them were dating anyone else so it worked out nice.

Alex and his Dad. This was kind of funky paper, and it had all these squares so I cut one of the squares out and stuck the picture in it. It worked out pretty well.

Here is a picture of Hubby #1 and I before he was hubby #1, this is when we were still dating. (This is one of the ACBailey papers from the May kit . . . the entire kit was beautiful! I didn't want to cover the paper up so I cut the center out . . . the center is now in the bottom corner.)

When I won the SBA cyber crop, Kathy M sent me some great Christmas papers, and here are some of them on this layout . . . I think it turned out really cool.

As always, if you need any help scrapbooking or need any GREAT supplies, please feel free to call me, or click on the blinkie and it will take you to my on line store . . . where all the great supplies are.

I hope you enjoyed looking, I am really hopeful that I get to make a lot more scrapbook pages this month! So check back . . .

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Cheri! You are putting me to shame! I can't remember the last time I did a lo. I've been stuck on cards for a while now.

    You did a great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job on all the layouts you got done. I'm hoping to do some prep work next week for a crop coming up.

    ReplyDelete