Tuesday, July 21, 2009

David Cassidy

I still can't figure out how to add a video, so please play this song while you read. You will love it! How could you not?!?!? Its a wonderful song!!!


I became a David Cassidy fan many many moons ago, way back in the 70's, when he was with the Partridge Family! I was a faithful watcher and developed my first CRUSH! (Well . . . David Cassidy and Kenny Valdez (Kenny was the little boy who lived down the street from me) He (David Cassidy) was SO cute (Ok, so was Kenny Valdez, but in totally different ways.)

I guess when I started liking David Cassidy I was hooked for a life time . . . It isn't that crazy obsessive, screaming, throwing panties kind of thing . . . it's just that he was the first star I ever really liked . . . and so now at 42 I continue to like him . . . and when he is on TV I watch . . . (How could I not???) His New show starts tonight! Roxy and the Rockits (Ok I have to admit, it looks cute but I don't see it being a long lasting show, I'll be surprised if it makes it through the whole season. But while it's on I will watch it! Ok, now would be the time where you should say, "Oh Poor TIM!! )


My BFF Jaqui will be coming over tonight to watch David's new show with me. You know that's a good friend to do something like that!! (Love ya J!!!)
Years ago when David and his younger (Not as cute) brother Sean were in the Stage play, "Blood Brothers" Jaqui and my mom went with me to go see it at the theater. I brought my book about David Cassidy, (Just in case I got the chance to meet him.)




Jaqui actually fell asleep in the theater! (Again, sorry J.) After the play was over I wanted to be one of those Groupie type people and wait out side the stage door for him to come out . . . but then I also have NEVER BEEN that type of person, so I was super nervous and scared.

When David actually came out, I was too nervous to go up and get his autograph, so Jaqui did it for me . . . (Thanks J).

David is super short! Like if we danced his head would rest on my chest! I guess when I developed my crush on him I started that short men thing . . . (Grant Beemer, my first boy friend was short, and So was Drew, Former hubby #2) (Hopefully I'm over that now!!! Tim is taller than me!!)


So at any rate, Jaqui will be here tonight to watch Ruby and the Rockits with me! Series premier. I wonder if I should get us some feather boas or something special so that we can be all fancy for it!?!? (Well at least we will crack open and bottle of wine and drink some, while we watch! I'll have to think about the feather boa thing . . .)


All Right folks . . . join with me and watch David Cassidy tonight . . . what could it hurt . . . I promise I won't tell anyone that you watched it!

2 comments:

  1. Awww you totally made me giggle!!!! And oh my gosh the memories!!! That is when I was at someone else's house and actually got to BE normal and watch tv shows like that!!! LOL Great smilies too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be in love with David too! LOL He still looks handsome to me!

    ReplyDelete