Monday, January 10, 2011

Strange Memory

Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night with "strange-ness" on your mind . . .

When I was a little girl, my mom and I lived in Denver, one block off of Alameda, and one block off of Federal. It wasn't a great area even back then . . . in the VERY early 1970's. (now its even worse.)

But I remember going out to go play in the "back yard" we lived in one side of a duplex, and shared a back yard with Leona and Junior. Our land lady lived in the house next door, her yard was separated by a chain link fence from ours. Guess she didn't want to be associated with our back yard.
In the summer I would play out there with my friend Kenny. And our land lady Edna, would pull this big cage out of her house and in to her back yard, and hose down her monkey . . . WHAT?!?!? Why did she had a monkey? Actually it wasn't a monkey, it was an orangutan! Crazy! Why did she have a big monkey like that? Did It live in that small cage in her house too? Or did she just put the monkey in it when she was taking it outside to hose it off? I still can't believe a woman like Edna would have an orangutan . . . in the middle of Denver. Is that the weirdest things.
I hadn't really thought about this time in my life for a while and I haven't thought about Edna and her monkey in a long time. I have really known some strange people over the course of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment