Monday, January 3, 2011

Scrapbooking January 2011

So, here we are in 2011!!! Oh my goodness! I totally achieved my scrapbooking goals for 2011! my goal was to do at least 20 pages a month, and I did that, and most months did over that!~ Yippee for me!!!

One of my "ladies" at SBA, challenged us to do a page a day for January. And I jumped on that! She said that you didn't actually have to scrap a page a day, just as long as you end up with the right amount of pages for the month. Perfect! Since I'm not supposed to be up on my foot, and Tim had to work and people are annoying me, I figure I could sit with my foot up and scrap!

So here are some of the ones I've done.

I will post even the ones that don't really turn me on, just because some of my people like to see the old pictures from the past, and like the walk down memory lane!

Here is an old doozie!!! This is a party my mom threw for her friend Shirley, I helped her our with it, but I was 9 months pregnant!!! I look as big as a house!!!


Not a great layout, or wonderful pictures, but my boys look so cute, that I made 3 of this not great layout!

These next two are for my neice/daughter Rahni, I have been making her layouts so all she has to do is slap pictures on the pages. ( I wasn't planning on doing any for her as I just wanted to scrap my own stuff, but when I was cutting out the word play for my own layouts I figured they would be perfect for her too. So I made them for her) I figure when I'm cutting things like this with the cricut, that it is just as easy to cut several as it is to cut one.) And she appreciates it so much that she can still scrap even though she doesn't have too much time.

My thing right now, is I'm inking the edges of the pages . . . I think it looks pretty neat, My fairy scrap mother has sent me so many different things that I am really having to stretch my abilities and step out of the box and try some new things.
This next layout doesn't have great pictures . . . and there are so many colors in it that it's hard to make it work, so again it isn't one of my favorites . . . but it had my baba in it. She loved to go to Chucke Cheese, so I would load up the kids and take her. She loved to see all the colors and see all the kids . . . I think she even at a piece of pizza. (I miss her)

This is a super simple layout . . . but Avery was so cute when he was a baby! That I couldn't resist putting it in his book.
This is probably one of my favorites from my weekend of scrapbooking. I just love the way it turned out. The pictures aren't great, nothing worse than pictures before digital . . . icky pictures . . . but you gotta use what you have . . . so here they are. The pictures are just of Avery sitting in his high chair and playing, but I think the layout turned out great.
I am loving how in the scrap book mags they are doing a lot of layering of ribbons and scallops and things like that, but I think a lot of times they look too busy and take away from the pictures, (no matter how bad the pictures are.) so I used a simpler more toned down version of that concept.

Ok here are two of the same kinds of layouts, I will show you before the cricut cut, and after the cricut cuts . . . Its amazing how much different just a little "fun-ness" can change the look!



And the same thing for Alex's layouts.

Another simple layout that I made 3 of . . . nothing like some horrible pictures of a special event.

We had just brought Avery home from the hospital and the boys were getting to hold him for the first time. Rafael (former hubby #1) cut off my head in like almost all the pictures! UGH! His picture taking skills is just one of the many reasons he is my former hubby! LOL!
This is one of my favorite layouts from this weekend. I love Tony's super cute little face! and I love the colors and the patterns and just how it all turned out.


I made 2 of this layout, one for Alex, (That's the layout pictured) and one for Tony. I think it turned out really cute. Very Easter-y . . . with out the use of one bunny! I have a super cute bunny I designed and made, but they all have a lot of layouts with that bunny on them, so this is a break from bunny butts~
I made 2 of this layout, again~ horrible pictures but I was like huge pregnant and didn't want to wander out to where they were playing on the trains to take better pictures.

I love how this layout turned out, I made two of them, one for moms book and one for Avery's, Even with the use of ribbon and flower, I think it is still masculine . . .
Very simple layout . . . Alex just being Alex. I love the negative space . . .


Tony my naked child. When he was little I couldn't keep clothes on him . . . so a lot of the pictures I have of him as a little one are him naked! Here he and Alex are playing with the dog.

So that's it for now . . . I hope you enjoyed the walk down MY memory lane.


No comments:

Post a Comment