Monday, September 20, 2010

Searching

Week two of searching for a church . . .
Who would have thought this would be so hard.

Jessie and I went to a Church called the Vineyard yesterday. You would think that any church named after grapes and potentially WINE would be a great thing!!! (Sounds like my kind of church!!!) But sadly we REALLY didn't like it.

They had a band, like the church from last week, but this band seemed to be less about singing praises than it was about singing their own thing and being more about their own glory than Gods. And, Not even Jessie, knew ANY of the songs they were singing. (At least last week, they sang Amazing Grace. I KNOW that song! and Jessie knew several of the songs) This band was loud and not very good, and obnoxious!

The minister was ok . . . no screaming this time . . . but he didn't really speak to me . . . I didn't leave Church thinking "oh man! I just love God! Isn't church great!" And pretty much the only thing note worthy from Church yesterday was that ~we need to let God be in control and have faith that God will take us where he wants to. (I already knew that, I fight it sometimes, but I did know it.)

At one point, Jessie taps me on the leg, and points to the ground at our feet, and there is a bug crawling there, like a beetle (Not a lady bug, but I didn't have a good picture of a bug) or roach or something . . . At that point, I KNEW we would never be going back there again.

The people weren't very friendly . . . no one greeted us, or even asked if we needed any help . . .

Church number one, is still in the contention for a second look, but church number two is totally out of the running.

Mom wants Jessie to go to the kingdom hall with my dad and aunty next week . . . I'm going to try to get her to put that off for a while, so that maybe we find our church first and then she can go with them and I can just go by myself to our new church, while we are "trying" churches out, I don't want to go by myself, I don't think it would be fair for me to like or dislike one without her. As for me, I will NOT be going to the Kingdom Hall with My dad and Aunty . . . I don't like the theology there. Its one of those "Been there~ Done that" kind of things for me.

I still can't believe it's this hard to find a church . . . never in my life would I have thought that it was so hard to find a spiritual home.

No comments:

Post a Comment