Saturday, September 18, 2010

I love weddings! You know I do . . .

Well . . . let me clarify . . . I love weddings where they allow me to do MY job and help them to achieve a beautiful celebration of their love.

What I hate is when people tell me what to do . . . Humm . . . I hate it when brides and their families don't listen to me. I hate it when a MOB (Mother of the bride) or a MILOtheB (Mother in law of the Bride) will dictate what is supposed to happen in a wedding . . . Humm . . . Did they forget ~ THIS ISN'T YOUR WEDDING!!! This is the brides wedding!

Ok, so why am I whining????

I have been pouting and upset for a week now, because I have a wedding going on this weekend, (Today actually) that I have been stressing over and having a super hard time with.

If you have been around me, or have been one of my brides you know how interested in details I am about weddings . . . I ask you what your theme is, I ask you to create a list of buzz words that you can take from vendor to vendor with you, so you can keep everyone on the same page. I want to know, how tall you are, what kind of dress you have, what your brides maids are wearing . . . Everything! I love the wedding details.

What I don't love is when a MILOtheB comes in and TELLS ME . . . "We are having a cowboy wedding" and then proceeds to show me pictures she pulled off the Internet of everything she wants with a detailed description of exactly what everything should have in it. "Arch for Gazebo~ Should be made out of greenery and have 3 Black magic roses per side with Babies breath around them so that they will stand out. In the center it should have two horseshoes."

Deep breath . . . Deep Breath . . . I can get through this! HORSE SHOES?!?!?!?! Black Magic Roses are icky, the color looks like the edges of the roses have been burned and they DON'T have a nice shape. I try not to use these roses . . . Ever, because they are ugly!

They picked Betimier (I know the spelling is probably wrong~) Brides maids bouquets. Which means it's built in circles. So you have a circle in the center of roses, and then a circle around it of something else, in this case Mini Callas. This type of bouquet is HIDEOUS!!!! UGLY!!! LOOKS LIKE SOME ONE WITH TALENT MADE IT!!! This type of bouquet doesn't hold well, or look like it is put together properly . . . it should be outlawed . . . they are ugly and NO ONE should have ugly things at their wedding. (People are going to look at these bouquets and think "I" have NO talent! They are going to think I'm inept at my job because I made ugly things!!!!!!!! Oh I think I need an anxiety pill!!! Oh I'm just sick over these stinkin' flowers!

I tried to talk them out of it . . . I did, you know me. But this is what the MILOtheB picked . . . and apparently the only taste she has is in her mouth.

None of the flowers go with the Cowboy theme . . . NONE! I hate that.

The bridal gown is Cowboy'd and they are even having small bails of hay on the table! (UGH!) and then they have all of these ELEGANT flowers, Callas, Dendrobium orchids, Gardenias . . . Beautiful flowers . . . (Other than the brides maids bouquets) but they don't go with the THEME!! This whole wedding makes me sick . . . I just can't believe this MILOtheB picked all this ickiness and the bride didn't stop her. I tried and tried and tried to get them on track with keeping the theme . . . but they just kept telling me, "this is what we want." Ok . . . if that is what you want then . . . ok . . . that is what you will get, but I'm totally freaking out!!!

I hate everything about this wedding. I don't even want to take pictures of it . . . I have my big beautiful camera at the store, to photograph the wedding but I don't want to . . . It's all wrong. Its all icky. I hate it. I may take a picture of the bridal bouquet, (It turned out pretty~ even though it doesn't go with the theme) but I don't want a picture of it with the bride . . . because it doesn't fit the theme . . .

Well Its time for me to go get dressed for work and deliver this wedding . . . Wish me luck! As soon as I get something in my belly I will take an anxiety pill and muddle through this day!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you took pictures. I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope!!! I didn't take any pictures of it, other than the one picture of the bridal bouquet I took it with my phone and put it up on facebook. I just couldn't bring my self to even photograph this wedding . . . I don't want it in my book and they asked me to bring some business cards to the wedding, but I "forgot" them, I don't want to be associated with this wedding at all.

    ReplyDelete