Friday, September 3, 2010

Estes park and the wedding

Ok, so let me tell you a story . . . I seem to always have a story to tell . . .

I have been a wedding planner and florist for 25 years now . . .

And as my kids and Extras are getting older I'm really enjoying getting to do some of their weddings! There is such an emotional connection for me, when I'm doing flowers for someone I actually know and love.

I knew Justin and Savanah were getting married a while ago, Alex was going to be in the wedding, and I was going to get to do the flowers. I was super excited!

Justin called me one day about 3 weeks ago and said "Mama, they guy who is preforming our wedding just quit on us! Do you know someone who could do it?" I didn't even have to think on that one, I said "In the state of Colorado anyone could do it. . . just ask someone who speaks well to do it for you." So he says, "Will you." "Well . . . uh . . . ok." So that began my journey to preforming my first wedding.

I wrote a wonderful service! And Practiced and Practiced . . . Did the flowers and then drove by myself in the truck two and a half hours to get to the wedding place. (Tim and Jessie went earlier in the day to set up the trailer and enjoy the mountains!) Once I got there we drove up trail ridge road . . . well . . . first I took an anxiety pill and then we drove up trail ridge road! Beautiful and scary!








We took about 500 pictures this weekend (no, that's not an exaggeration) so this is just a small sampling. (I have got to get a bunch more edited so that Jessie and I can get them printed and scrapbooked!)

Speaking of jessie, here is a super cute picture of me and my girl!

And another, just because we are so cute!!!Oh and speaking of cuteness . . . here are me and my boy!!! How handsome he is!!!
There are a couple of pictures of Me and Tim too, but I haven't got those edited yet!

Here are the guys getting ready to go down the isle. I went down first and then Justin and all his fellas! So handsome!
Here I am waiting for the guys and getting ready to preform my very first wedding. I was a little nervous. . . . I was prepared for Justin to get emotional . . . but when Savanah started crying I nearly lost it.

I really enjoyed doing the wedding!!! Goodness it was super exciting!


Everyone said I did a really good job preforming the wedding, I am happy I didn't screw it up!!!

Such a sweet kiss!

Look at how he holds his arm for her to hold . . . so sweet.



So after a million pictures . . . We were on to the reception! Fun fun!

Here is Alex getting ready to do his toast . . . he has an evil gleam in his eye . . . I guess that is because he talked about Justin "shitting his pants in his truck" How embarrassing!


Justin got emotional when his mom got up and spoke.

Ok so here are my two most favorite pictures from the whole wedding!!!! Alex and Justin Kissing!!!


So I guess I should explain the kissing . . . Every time someone would tink on their glass Justin and Savanah had to kiss . . . She got tired of kissing, so Alex and Justin did! Now that's a best friend!!!!!!

Love this shot of Savanah smooshing cake in Justin's face!!! She got it right up his nose!!!

And a pretty picture of Justin's hat and her bouquet!


It was a beautiful wedding!!! and I'm super glad I got to be such a part of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment