Monday, September 6, 2010

32 years . . . .

I used to have a friend . . .

We met the first day of 6th grade . . . today Sept 6th would have been 32 years of our friend ship . . . that's a long time . . .

And it makes me sad to say, she and I are not friends anymore . . . But . . . it was my choice and my doing to end the friend ship . . . but I still remember her fondly on the anniversary of our friendship.

We were young brides and mothers together.

We spent a lot of time together just being silly . . . and doing silly things . . . We laughed together a lot . . .


We were there for each other . . . well . . . lets see . . . I think I was more there for her, but she would pop in for the fun things in my life. And when she was here, the fun things got funner . . .

We were there for the divorces of spouses and the finding of new loves . . . More new loves for her than for me . . .

It was just fun when we were together . . .


But as with all things that are "just fun" there are life issues that tear you apart . . . differences in personality and differences in moral out look . . . Those are the things that break up a friendship.
There are some things that are all right in one persons world and most of the time it's tolerated in the other persons. But when the differences spill over in to the other persons world . . . things crumble . . . friendships fail . . .
But every once in a while you take a look back and see the friend that used to be, and smile at the good times . . . because those are the things that really count . . . the good times and the memories of those good times. You don't need to forget what happened to end things, you just need to put those things aside and remember the love and the friendship you once had.







No comments:

Post a Comment