Sunday, August 1, 2010

School!!!

Alex is going to start College on Thursday!!! He will be going for Wind energy technology. I think he will do so wonderfully!!

Going back to school was his choice!!! And that makes me so happy! It's one thing when you MAKE your child do something, but something totally different when they make the decision to go and do it. This is one of those times when I'm so proud of him!

So here are a couple of pictures from the orientation~

This is a picture of the top of one of the wind "whoopdee" things . . .(no I don't think that's the words they use when they teach the class.) So the squarish thing is the Turbine . . . and then the propellers are attached to it and spin. Alex will learn how to build, take care of and maintain these things.


This is what a real turbine thingy looks like.



Another view

This is what I think is super interesting. This is the tube that will hold the turbine and propellers . . . this is one third of how long it is . . . So there are 3 stacked on top of each other, and then the turbine and then the propellers stuck to that. Basically it is like having a 747 airplane (That size) spinning on the top of this tall thing. Isn't that incredible?!?!?
Oh and that's one of the propellers laying beside the tube thing . . . that propeller is 35 meters long . . . and that's just one of them . . . the are three on each wind mill thingy.


They split up the parents and the "kids" (you know what I mean, he may be huge, and a man, but he will always be my kid) and As I was walking from one of my rooms to another one, I saw him sitting there . . . so I just had to take his picture, I'm geeky like that. He is the one in the black with the gray stripe.


I'm so proud and excited! I can hardly contain myself! I think this is going to be a great industry for him! And he will be on the front side of a technology rather than on the back side . . . I can't wait for him to start! It's going to be amazing for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment