Saturday, August 7, 2010

Make a wish~ Wine and Wishes event

Last night we went to a Make a wish event called Wine and Wishes . . . It was a fund raiser for kid who want a wish to go to Hawaii . . . which is one of the most expensive wishes they grant . . . on an average a night like last night, will raise enough money to send 7 kids and families to Hawaii.

So here we are . . . me and Tim, aren't we cute???


I did and donated the flowers for the event. My Name up in lights! I always knew I would be famous!!!



My sweet Timmy!!
These are two of our seat mates at our table . . . our whole table was wonderful!
The girl with the glasses has a team that walks in the 60 mile, Avon walk . . . Here is my big news! I just joined her team!!!! I will be walking in the Avon walk for Breast cancer . . . I'm both super excited and horribly scared. Time to start training . . . I have to get serious . . .maybe I'll loose some of my butt on the way!

Here is another of our seat mates- Duke.

Duke's boy had a wish, and he got to go to Alaska and do the Ididaron (SP). . . Duke was wonderful!!! and Duke's boys mom and dad were fantastic, sadly Duke lost his boy . . . there was a lot of that . . . families who were there because their child had had a wish before they passed away.
I only cried a little . . . I did get to talk about my Sweet Thomas! And share his beauty with those around us . . . I felt good being able to do that. And like I said, I only cried a little!
This young man is 13 he got to go to Hawaii for his wish . . . and told us how it was life changing for him. When he went to Hawaii last year, he was at the worst of his cancer treatments and was down to 67 pound . . . His story made me cry.

This little guy just got back from Hawaii last month . . . He said he went snorkeling and this "Crazy fish kept following him" He was so cute!!

After the speeches and a live auction, they had some Hula dancers and musicians! Nothing like half naked men! That's always a plus at any event I attend!!!


Me and my honey!!! Can you tell I had been both Drinking and crying . . . my eyes are very sparkly!

It was a fantastic event.
After it was over, we took our 4 bottle of wine we bought at the auction, and went to the little pub we like to go to.
Tim's BFF James met us there! And we had some food and great company!


Oh and just because I'm a nut . . . while we were at the pub, I noticed this girl was wearing this . . .
My fashion police sirens went off . . .

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. You know you were jealous of those socks! :)

    It looks like you had a good time at the event. You were meant to be there. It was no coincidence that they called you to donate flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete