Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Keeping true to my goals

As we stepped into 2010, I made some goals, NOT resolutions.

I wanted to make sure I did 20 scrapbook pages a month. If I did the minimum of 20 pages a month by the end of the year I would have completed 240 pages. I typicially do more than that. January I did 27 pages!!!
So far in Feb I have done 3, with 2 more half done on my work table. I don't see a problem reaching my 20 page goal for this month! I have several things all ready laid out and thought about, and I do SOOOOO love my new Cricut.

Another of my goals is to De-clutter, and "Simplify" (Which is my word of the year) I am really working hard at getting rid of the "extra" crap in my life that I don't want, use or need. I have never been a big horder, and I don't like little nick nack things, so mostly what I'm doing is organizing the things I have, and getting rid of the things I don't use. I have been going through my office and organizing and labeling everything. In doing this, I realize you can put a lot more crap in a room when it's disorganized than if it IS organized. But the problem is, with things being disorganized is that you find nothing, and don't use half of what you do have . . . I want to use my stuff, and I want to make sure that I am getting the most use out of my space. So not only am I organizing everything but I'm labling everything also!

Along with the simplifying, I have gotten rid of the "Toxic friends and family" from my life. And its amazing how much simpler life is without having to deal with the daily drama and venom of people who are not adding to my happiness . . . I encourage you to Delete Delete Delete if you have Toxic friends or family.

I have been doing a lot of pondering lately of how to make my life easier . . . I have been thinking of making two of each meal I prepare, so that I can freeze one, and we can eat one. I think we spend too much money on eating out, and I have found that I'm a better cook than most restaurants. So if you have any helpful tips on how to cook and freeze let me know! The boys bought me a vaccuum seal a meal so I'm good with that . . . now I just need to find foods that freeze well.

I know many of you are curious how I'm handling Thomas' death . . . Its still really hard. I miss him horribly . . . and look for signs that he is somehow here with me . . . but I have yet to see him (does that make sense) My blues are bluer than ever, and I find myself wanting to hide in my house alone, I don't really want to talk to anyone or anything, but I'm in "Fake it till you make it mode". Maybe summer will help . . . getting out . . . doing more, hanging with Tim, and enjoying ourselves.

Well that's about it for me . . . what's going on with you? Are you being true to your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment