Friday, February 19, 2010

Clutter clutter every where-

I have been working so hard at "Simplifying" my life and in that, I have decided that "Clutter" is the enemy! So I have been working really hard to "De-clutter" my office . . . I think that's the space where I feel the most clutter. Probably because it is my "office" and my creative space, and where I scrapbook and make cards and it's my "home within my home". I love my office. I love the colors !!!! I love that I can watch movies while I scrap . . . I love everything about this space!
Bye bye purple, hello RED! I love RED! And with my pink , I think it looks wonderful, it keeps my mind active and my heart happy.

During the valentines holiday, I had to make a bunch of cards to sell in the store. (I haven't been feeling overly creative or happy or motivated since Thomas passed away. So it was super hard to get my groove on.) What I realized when I was trying to work on my cards is that, my room is over "Cluttered" and not organized so that I am using my space and my products to the best of my ability.

So here it goes . . . The "De- Cluttering of Cheri's office"

Part of what needed to be done was to start Small. So that I didn't get over whelmed. I can get overwhelmed easily and then I give up. So I decided to start with my office closet, which is where we keep the "movies" and random and sundry other things.

The VHS movies we decided to keep, this does NOT include all the old Disney movies I have in a box in the crawl space.


And this side is the DVD movies.



Yes we have a lot of movies!!! We are big movie fans. I wanted to count them, but that would have distracted me from my mission. So I will save that for another day.

The movies weren't bad or in need of much, but the shelf on top of the closet was a mess!!! Ooooo doggies . . . UGH! Maybe I really don't want to do this! Crash and burn! No Wait! I can do this . . . baby steps! A little at a time!!!

Oh and did I mention that the floor between the movie cupboards looked like this. UGH!~



So I took EVERYTHING out of the top of the closet and off the floor (So I could walk in there), and got a bunch of tubs.

Slowly I began to weed out stuff I didn't need. Stuff that was missing parts. Stuff that really didn't belong in MY office that needed to find a different home. Stuff that we were never going to use, that could be donated or given away. Stuff that I could put in Tim's office with out having to throw it away. (Sneaky ) and began organizing . . . So now it looks like this


I still have a bunch of labeling to do . . . but I figured if I got out my Cricut and started playing with it, that I would get distracted and not get done what I really wanted to. So that's for a different day. Now EVERYTHING in the closet is accessible and something we will use. And I will get it all labeled very soon, because I WANT to play with my Cricut!
I'm still on my quest to organise and de-cluter and "SIMPLIFY" so I will show you what I have begun to do with my shelves! OOOOO LA LA they are looking good!!! But that's another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment