Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I have been scrapbooking a bit . . . I always give my mom, dad and auntie pages for their books for Christmas . . . It's fun to sit and watch them look at their new pages and then trade their packs with each other so they can see what the other got . . .

I am so close to being totally caught up on all my family members albums!!! Then I want to work on Heritage albums, but that is not something I'm in a hurry to get done or work on. But I would love to have all my family books done, and actually in albums. They are NOT in albums because I do NOT scrap in order, but I like the books in Chronological order . . . so they are just kind of sitting and waiting for me to get done, so I can put the books together.

Here is a picture of my youngest son Avery, when he was about 7 or 8 . . . What is so funny about this picture is now Avery has NO sense of humor, so it's good to see that he used to be more laid back and funny!

At Thanksgiving, my dad drank a whole bottle of wine by himself . . . Tony kept getting up and pouring him some more to drink.

My "Fairy Scrap Mother" Mimi sends me all kinds of cool things so I am working on learning how to do more and different things on my layouts. On this one I inked the edges of the paper with the "pounder thingy" I think it turned out really cool!~


My little turkey! I love this picture of Kennedy . . . (My stickles got messed up, because I'm not supposed to be up and walking around on my foot, and so I asked Tim to carry them to the table to dry for me, I said, "Be careful, they are still wet." So what does he do?? He stacks them!!!! I nearly cried . . . but oh well . . . I'm not in the Redoing kind of mood . . . so we have stickle goobers on our layouts instead of pretty drops . . . )

These are the pictures my Girl Rahni Rae sent me from their family photo shoot~ I think my girl and family look so wonderful. And can you tell that my "Badness~ Gabe" was in one of his moods where he just wasn't having this picture thing go on any more.



Sorry the photo is fuzzy, in real life it's not fuzzy . . . but I was taking pictures in the dark, I wander around in the dark a lot in the mornings. I love the negative space on this layout. This is the kids in the back of the RAV4 on the way to the Melting pot for my birthday. The Rav 4 isn't very big for my big boys who are closer to 7 feet than they are to 6 feet tall. They were squished!


I was going through cards the other night to put in my Christmas card album, and stumbled across this card from Thomas! It's always such a surprise and blessing when I have a "Thomas-ness" when I least expect it.
So I took the card apart and sprayed glimmer mist on the gold paper, and then on the flower paper I put flower soft and soft fluff (I think that's the name of it) in the center of the flowers. I also painted the little coin gold with this glittery paint stuff (also from my fairy scrap mother) the coin says "Forevermore". Sorry about the weird flash on the photo, again, taking pictures in the dark.

In my last box from my "Fairy scrap Mother" I got a note! I love notes, so I decided to scrap it with a little bit of the yarn I used when I put the boarder on her Afghan I made her for her birthday/Christmas present.

I wanted to document for Thomas' book that I got my tattoo for him . . .I didn't use as many pictures as I thought I would. I figured I would use tons of pictures but I could tell the story I wanted to tell with just these few. Thomas would love the simplicity of the layout and the wonderfulness of the title!


This is the Thanksgiving layout for Tim and my book . . . I made 9 of this same type of layout, so that everyone could have it for their books, the thing that changes is the pictures that are on each persons layout, they get the pictures they are in, and the things that will make the layouts special for them.
I made 9 of these "Colorado Christmas" layouts. Colorado Christmas by the Nitty Gritty dirt band is my dads favorite Christmas song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b3hfepgZxg so I thought the words to it would be great on this layout. I had the idea to make this lay for a long time, I just finally got to do it. It was a lot of work to ink the edges of the snow for 9 layouts!!! But I think everyone will really enjoy having them.

Here are the nine of them sitting together . . . the second page is under the first one . . . it took me like 4 hours to get them all done! lots of work!
So that's what I have been up to lately! What you been up to???

2 comments:

  1. I love the variety in your layouts. the Rav4 is my favorite :)

    we so need to discuss the "pounder thingy" you make me laugh. you really are too cute for your own good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheri, Love the layouts. Thought I'd start visiting blogs again. I bet your boy isn't going to apprieciate the full moon on the Internet. LOL.

    ReplyDelete