Monday, December 13, 2010

I choose . . .

There are words that keep coming up in my life lately . . . they are, "I choose to love you." I have always told my extras "I choose to love you, you are not of my body, but you are of my heart." I always said that to Thomas, "Child of my heart."

I'm writing again, and I'm working on a new book, a book I didn't know if I would ever write, but I'm inspired, and one of my secondary characters in this book (She was the star of her own story before) has a little bit to say about "Choosing", Here is a little bit of that story. Every time Sammie called Ruby “Ma” Ruby felt as though her heart would swell and burst from her chest. She loved being the little girls “Ma”. Even though she hadn’t given birth to Sammie, she loved her as though she had. At night when she was tucking the little girl in to bed she would tell her, “You weren’t born of my body, but you were born in my heart, I choose to love you always.” (I just wrote that about 3 days ago.)

The choices we make with our hearts seem to be something that I am meant to notice lately.

Yesterday, we went to church, not the Church that we have decided is our "Home" church, but to our second choice church. Our home church has been doing something funky, the last two weeks and we chose not to be a part of it. (Its not even worth talking about) Next week we will be back at our Home church.

So here we are at our second choice church, and we are singing Christmas carols, and other songs, and they pray kind of during, afterish songs, and one of the prayers the guy singing said, "God you choose to love us . . ." he went on saying things like "even though we are sinful . . . " but my brain caught those words "God you choose to love us." Wow! I hadn't thought of that. That God is kind of like Ruby . . . Or I should say, "Ruby is kind of like God." Choosing to love. Humm . . . isn't that kind of cool?!?

It has had me thinking . . . What do you choose to love? Who do you choose to love?

1 comment: