Friday, December 24, 2010

The best gift . . .

If you've known me for longer than a minute, you know I love my "Extras" that some of the biggest blessings in my life have been from being a part of watching these kids grow up.

I have seen them have to hold hands to cross the street, to coming to the house for first day of school pictures~ to now, when they are scattered to the winds, in college and at work at various places, in the military, and off doing wonderful things . . . I have been there for their weddings, at the hospital when they are broken and even at their funerals . . . I have been Momz to so many.

People have said to me, that "I" have touched so many lives, but I think it's the other way around . . . They have touched mine! These kids are my heart!

They are always in my heart . . . but rarely now, do I get to see them, since they are scattered, but Tony is home! for the holiday! and he called some people, and they came over.

Justin came in and gave me such a big hug! I almost cried! Then he went to the wall and had me measure him!

this is a picture of Justin when they were all still in Middle school, and the boys camped out in the garage, and I gave them glow sticks I had left over from a party at work, and they danced and played with the glow sticks till the early hours of morning.

So many of them home for Tony's graduation. It was a full and Crazy house!

I have missed them all so much! I wish I could step back in time and they could be little again, and need me and come through my house on a daily basis . . . .

But I guess that's the joy of mother hood, you raise them, so they can go off and conquer the world . . . I'm just glad when they pop in and remember that they were mine first!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment