Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm still here

I survived my surgery . . . but I don't know if I will actually survive my recovery . . . Good grief is it hard to lay around and do nothing, since I cant put any weight on my foot . . .

I hate being dependant on people to bring me food or drive me around . . . I'm too independent for this.

So since I'm stuck being broken right now, I'm feeling a little blue . . . but I figure this is temporary . . . and eventually I will be up and about again, and be better than before . . .

Since I got my "rollabout" (A scooterish thing you put your bad leg on and then use your good foot to push your self around on.) I'm a little more mobile! and I love it! I'm so happy I have a little more Independence!

It's amazing how much TV I have watched . . . UGH! Have I ever mentioned that Day time tv sucks. It really does. Thank God I have tons of movies and I'm able to watched them so I don't have to just watch TV.

I watched the movie Hereafter the other day, it was pretty good. But I got this line from the movie. "Death doesn't kill love" I love that. I think about that with Thomas. . . . Just because he died, doesn't mean I quit loving him.

Oh speaking of Thomas, before I had my surgery, I felt Thomas with me, assuring me that I would do fine in my surgery. He wouldn't allow anything to happen to me. I think this was my 13th surgery (They say that the more times they put you out for surgery the worse it is for you and the harder it is to bring you back from it) So the morning I had my surgery, I was calm. I felt Thomas with me . . . When I got to the hospital, they were getting ready for my surgery, and took my blood pressure, it was 70/110 (pretty low) The nurse was so shocked at how low it was, because I was so calm, that she took it twice to be sure. Apparently the surgery went well, I haven't heard that I had any problems. In Recovery I did well and got to come home within a few hours of surgery. Pretty much I think that I was too gorked out on pain meds after surgery that I didn't feel Thomas any more. So I don't know if he was still with me or not.

Since Thomas' death, it seems that when I really need him, he is here with me. I love that. I miss him terribly still, but I feel so blessed that I am able to have him with me from time to time.

So I'm sitting here, happily I have a laptop and I'm able to stay in touch with the world at large and not go totally crazy(ier).

I did get out of the house for a bit yesterday, I was able to go for a little drive, but having my foot NOT up caused it to swell horribly, and that gave me a lot of pain . . . so I guess I'm not able to do that again for a while . . .

Well I have a hankering for "BACON" (food of the Gods) now, so I think I will go get my rollabout and head to the kitchen.

Hope you have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. i love reading your words. facebook is great, but i love your long writing. <3 thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog writing is "Random" at best . . . I'm a little weird with the thoughts at that current time.

    ReplyDelete