Monday, August 24, 2009

A junior!!!

Today is Avery's first day of his Junior year in High School! Can't you see how thrilled he is?? I told him to have a good day and he said, "I don't think so, but anything is possible." Ok . . . Big sigh . . . Goober!

I think sometimes kids, (I know I was guilty when I was in high school) forget that this high school experience should be fun and one of the best of their lives . . . But you can't tell that to them . . . cuz remember, they KNOW EVERYTHING!

I just wish I really was as smart as I THOUGHT I was when I was a teenager.

Avery going out to his car to go to school!Avery flipping me off because I continued to take pictures of him even after he told me not to. Oh well . . . . Alex's always used to flip me off for taking pictures too . . . And now he is fabulous! So there is hope for Avery! Pulling out of the garage!Getting ready to go! I didn't chase him down the street . . . that will be next year when he's a senior . . . this is the last of my babies . . . it's hard to see them grow up . . . but as they have gotten older, things have calmed down a lot . . . And that is nice.

Avery has always been my hardest child . . . there are days when we would like to wring each others necks, but as a lot of mothers and children, we take a deep breath and turn the tv up loud so that we can't hear the other one talking any more.

I love my boy . . . I hope he has a fantastic year!

1 comment:

  1. Sigh........mine is a Junior too.......even though it's at home.......still just growing up too fast! And Jaimee heading to college in January.....and look!!! I'm still 29!!! ROFL!!! I'm coming up soon so we can go for a Girls Nite!!!!! LOL I need a drink!!!

    ReplyDelete