Monday, August 24, 2009

Don't for get to wash your hands

We are finally at a point when we can stop with the bathroom remodel, and get back with our lives. The floor and the base boards still need to be done, but for the most part the bathroom looks great.

Take a look~

This is the super cool floor rug I bought! Don't you just love Shag?!? Yeah, Baby!!! Its a super thick wonderful shag, I got it at Sam's Club, REALLY CHEAP! I love a great deal!
this is the wall on the opposite side of the room from the shower. Tim painted the cabinets white, I think they look so nice! (Oh and we need to put in all the switch plate covers.)
I know you were just dying to know what kind of toilet paper holder we have . . . So wait no longer, here it is!! Ta Da!!

And here are my BEAUTIFUL lights! Aren't they pretty??

And our pretty new brown towels . . . Those were super cheap at Sam's club too . . . if you want this kind of thing, I think the membership would pay for it self with just the towels and rug!

And here it is . . . the shower curtain! It's so pretty . . . I got it at target . . .
My Friend Jessica (the light lady) said when I showed it to her. "That's too pretty and nice for a boys bathroom." And it really is . . . but I loved it and it worked so well with the colors we were wanting to do . . . It's a beautiful bathroom now . . . Some day we need to replace the sinks . . . but that will be a while.

Tim got a new blind for that window. That was super cheap too . . . I think he spent like $4 on it. So that will go in soon.
I have to say that having boys use this bathroom wasn't the greatest of my cleaning experiences . . . It took me about an hour and a half to clean the shower and about 45 minutes to clean the toilet. EEEEEEeeeeeeewwwww! But you know, a mothers work is never done. I'm kind of hoping that Avery will opt to use the bathroom in the basement now that this one is so pretty. But we will see.
I would like to get a nice big pretty jar and put a few sea sponges in it . . . I think that would look pretty. And I need a picture or something to hang over the towel bar cuz that wall is big and blank . . . But with the paint looking so nice I hate to cover it . . . I still haven't hung any pictures down stairs because the paint all looks to nice, I will probably do that some day . . .
Well the bathroom is almost done . . . it's use able, and we love it . . . you are welcome to use it, but don't forget to put the toilet seat down and wash your hands.

4 comments:

  1. I will happily use it as long as I can put the toilet seat down BEFORE I use it! LOL Seriously....it is a beautiful bathroom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lights coming right out of the mirror. Gorgeous - very soothing colors and I like how the elegant simplicity ya got goin' there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We are trying to get the rest of the house to look as nice as the bathroom looks! More remodeling coming your way in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on thesubject. Actually excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort. roll-off dumpsters New Braunfels tx

    ReplyDelete