Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The bathroom remodel

So I have been pretty singularly focused lately . . . about a week ago, the shower door exploded in the bathroom upstairs, it's the bathroom that Avery uses . . . Happily he wasn't in there when it happened.

When that happened it seemed the perfect time for a Bathroom Make over . . . And in perfect Cheri style, I was ready on Saturday to start throwing paint on the wall until it looked pretty good . . . and in Perfect Tim style, he wanted to re texture the walls, and make sure everything was perfect.

We go with Tim's way of doing it because, although the process makes me crazy~ because it takes too long, in the end Tim's way is WAY better and it looks nicer.

Jessica from the light store next door to my store, GAVE me too Fantastic lights They will go where you see the holes and wires above the white field, where the mirror will go.

Here are the lights! Aren't they pretty!?!?!?


Here is what the bathroom looks like painted!!! Yippee it's all painted! Now just to do the floor board trim and the trim around the door, the window ledge, and that little wood shelf by the toilet.

So yesterday I'm in the store, and Jaqui had just got there and I was going to head out to the wholesaler, and I get 3 text messages from Tim, showing me tile . . . . Ok, I didn't know we were looking at tile. So on my way to the wholesaler, I run by home depot, and we look at some tile, because it really shouldn't cost much to re tile the floor, an Tim thinks that while we have it all apart, that we should do it. . . . Hummmmm . . . . I don't know . . . but if it makes him happy and he wants to do it, who am I to say no ?

We brought home 4 tiles we liked, and then narrowed it down to these two. The darker one, and the lighter one that has the little door stopper thing over it, (I know it looks a lot like the floor we already have, but it's WAY nicer!

We decided on the light one, with the door stopper over it. So I don't know when he is going to do that . . .

We are making progress . . . I don't know what is on his agenda to do today . . . I hope he gets lots done! I love coming home from work and seeing all the wonderful progress he made!

How does it look so far??? What do you think?

1 comment: