Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cheri 1~ Clutter 0

Every year I come up with a word that I'm going to work on for the year . . . this year is "Simplify" I love this word . . . it can mean so much. I have been working on "simplifying" my relationships. Which means, in the immortal words of my BFF Gennae, "Delete, Delete, Delete" After my sweet Thomas passed away, I realized that I was there for a lot of people, for a lot of reasons, and that when I was down and out they were not there for me . . . So I deleted them. They were "Vampires" of my love, and generosity . . . they took and took and took and gave nothing back . . . but this is a post for another day.

But in my quest to "simplify" I am working on Decluttering, the stuff that isn't simple . . . So here I go.

I decided to work on my medicine cupboard. Tim says it's one of the scariest places in the house. So I decided to go through and see if I could "declutter" It is amazing how much I got to throw away, stuff that was expired and out of date. Don't tell Tim, but I actually found meds in there from 1996. Very scary stuff.

This is a picture of half of what I threw away . . . I filled up another trash bag too. UGH! After tossing a lot of stuff, I only have this to go back in the totes.
This is what the totes look like with the labels on them. I cut the labels out with my Cricut, and I think it will help us to stay "decluttered" If everything goes back where it's supposed to, then we shouldn't have any problems.


This is my Pots and pans cupboard . . . it's my NEXT project. Can you say "EEEEEeeeeewwww!"?


I think this year should be great if I can declutter and organize, and stay on track . . . simplify! Will you join me? Can you declutter and simplify too?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I'm trying to do this as I unpack. I can't find room for stuff so I'm tossing a bunch!

    ReplyDelete